Replies

CVP VXML License Inquiry

cisco-ksa1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco Lovers !

I've two questions regarding CVP VXML
consider we have a UCCE 12.5 solution with CVP 12.5 

1- If there is a 30 self-service licensed ports, Is there is any way to prevent CVP to exceed these license and not enter out-of-compliance mode ? is there are any configuration can be done from CVP side ?

2- if there are 3000 CVP Call Control Ports and 30 CVP 12.5 Self-Service Ports, never see the 3000 ports got consumed when it should be counted and what is used for ?

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

For the first one, it depends on what you're going to do with the call instead of send it to VXML? There are approaches you can take, but might lead to a less than desirable customer experience. Would you rather go out of compliance potentially or lose a sale as an example? Keep in mind that if you go above your license count for a moment, that's not enough to get you out of compliance, you'd have to exceed it for at least an hour.

For #2, the CVP ports are used when agents are customers are talking to each other, for instance. So they've stopped using VXML license and have been transferred to an agent. You should see the 3000 count get consumed at least somewhat/sometimes.

View solution in original post

Not that I am aware of. So you could do things like set the max number of connections at the gateway for instance, or you could let the call into CVP and probe for the number of active calls as outlined in this post, and then if you're 1 away from your limit, set a variable in CCE so that the next call is released or whatever your non VXML treatment is going to be.
https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/cvp-license-usage-monitoring/td-p/4129697

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

For the first one, it depends on what you're going to do with the call instead of send it to VXML? There are approaches you can take, but might lead to a less than desirable customer experience. Would you rather go out of compliance potentially or lose a sale as an example? Keep in mind that if you go above your license count for a moment, that's not enough to get you out of compliance, you'd have to exceed it for at least an hour.

For #2, the CVP ports are used when agents are customers are talking to each other, for instance. So they've stopped using VXML license and have been transferred to an agent. You should see the 3000 count get consumed at least somewhat/sometimes.

Thanks a lot bill for your reply, 

regarding the first point, if I want to get the calls to be busy if it the license exceeded the number, from where I can do that ? is there is a configuration at (.properties) files in the CVP can be done ?

Not that I am aware of. So you could do things like set the max number of connections at the gateway for instance, or you could let the call into CVP and probe for the number of active calls as outlined in this post, and then if you're 1 away from your limit, set a variable in CCE so that the next call is released or whatever your non VXML treatment is going to be.
https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/cvp-license-usage-monitoring/td-p/4129697

Thanks a lot Bill

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: