cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP / VXML v10.5 Call Studio Email Element Error

Faisal Zaidi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.. We are trying to use the Call Studio Email element in a really simple VXML application. We have followed the guides exactly however keep getting an error. Here is the content of context.xml:

<Context>

<!-- Default set of monitored resources -->
    <WatchedResource>WEB-INF/web.xml</WatchedResource>
    <Manager pathname="" />
<Resource name="mail/emailtest" type="javax.mail.Session" mail.smtp.host="198.207.88.116"/>

</Context>

and here is the error we see:

10.100.206.6.1438594446636.0.LAB_EMAIL,08/03/2015 10:34:06.668, The error was: A built-in element encountered an exception of type java.lang.ClassCastException. The root cause was: java.lang.ClassCastException: javax.mail.Session cannot be cast to javax.mail.Session

com.audium.server.AudiumException: A built-in element encountered an exception of type java.lang.ClassCastException.

at com.audium.server.voiceElement.ActionElementBase.service(ActionElementBase.java:416)

at com.audium.server.controller.Controller.goToAction(Controller.java:3927)

at com.audium.server.controller.Controller.goToElement(Controller.java:3563)

at com.audium.server.controller.Controller.enterVoiceApplication(Controller.java:1495)

at com.audium.server.controller.Controller.newCall(Controller.java:1381)

at com.audium.server.controller.Controller.doPost(Controller.java:705)

at com.audium.server.controller.Controller.doGet(Controller.java:487)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:621)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:224)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:169)

at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:168)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:98)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:407)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:987)

at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:579)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(NioEndpoint.java:1600)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: javax.mail.Session cannot be cast to javax.mail.Session

at com.audium.server.action.email.EmailActionUtil.getMailSession(EmailActionUtil.java:73)

at com.audium.server.action.email.EmailActionUtil.doAction(EmailActionUtil.java:111)

at com.audium.server.action.email.EmailAction.doAction(EmailAction.java:136)

at com.audium.server.voiceElement.ActionElementBase.service(ActionElementBase.java:390)

... 23 more

Any tips would be appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

The fix for the Studio Email element to work in CVP 10.5 and 11 is to delete the file

C:\Cisco\CVP\VXMLServer\Tomcat\webapps\CVP\WEB-INF\lib\mail.jar and restart VXML Server service.

That fix is somewhere in some TAC case, but I didn't find it, someone else found it for me.

I hope posting it here makes it easier for people to find.

Thanks Kristian for finding this!

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

janinegraves
Spotlight
Spotlight

I've tested the email element with CVP 10.5 also (and 11) and received

the same error(s).

I think there's a bug.

Can someone at Cisco please test this and come up with a fix?

Thanks for responding Janine.

Can someone from Cisco comment please?

Hi,

The fix for the Studio Email element to work in CVP 10.5 and 11 is to delete the file

C:\Cisco\CVP\VXMLServer\Tomcat\webapps\CVP\WEB-INF\lib\mail.jar and restart VXML Server service.

That fix is somewhere in some TAC case, but I didn't find it, someone else found it for me.

I hope posting it here makes it easier for people to find.

Thanks Kristian for finding this!

Glad I could help

Faisal Zaidi
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks both! Workaround tested and problem solved...

The Cisco TAC Feedback was the following:

“For your reference, a defect has been already opened to well document “Email element configuration steps” and this is fixed in 11.(0). The bug ID is CSCuu90065.”

Hi,

For this, are we able to see any errors returned from SMTP if the request was unsuccessful? What we are seeing at the moment is the request to SMTP is successful but the email doesnt go out

Thanks!

-JT-

Check the following:

1. Does Wireshark show traffic leaving on Port 25?
  2. Does the IP address/DNS allow a telnet on port 25 to it?
  3. Also check the Antivirus at least McAfee default profile blocks port 25 traffic?

Thanks Tim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: