Replies

Data hole in AW-HDS

ln33147
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

I'm working on a UCCE system 9.0

I have the below issue:

Some data is missing in AW-HDS but it is shown in the Loggers databases.

Can anyone help me on how to retrieve these data?

Thank you in advance.

Lara

8 Replies 8

I assume you mean it's missing from the AW, right?  How far away is that data, like 5 days, 10 days back?  You can resynch, but honestly I would open a TAC case and try to figure out why it happened, this kind of thing should never happen.

david

Hi David,

Thank you for the reply.

Actually we have missing data only on the 4th of March in Termination_Call_Detail table on AW-HDS and I'm wondering if it can be retrieved..

Hi, that's very strange. Did you look at the TCD view within the  Logger A and B databases? Is the missing information there?

G.

Hi Gergely,

Yes, the data is not missing in the Loggers databases, only in the aw-hds..

oabulaban
Level 1
Level 1

to re-sync, you'll need to run a few queries to delete some data from AW and then allow it to do the sync again...

it is best to open a cisco tac case, and soon, as logger data only remains for 14 days in the db

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

oabulaban
Level 1
Level 1

to re-sync, you'll need to run a few queries to delete some data from AW and then allow it to do the sync again...

it is best to open a cisco tac case, and soon, as logger data only remains for 14 days in the db

@oabulaban, with all due respect, I would not recommend manually syncing data using "a few queries". I have seen a few complete system rebuilds due to such experiments.

This is the right time for contacting TAC in my opionion, if data had not been copied over from the Logger to the HDS, that may be an indication of a serious issue.

G.

oabulaban
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Gergely,

i believe you misunderstood what i was saying... i am not porposing to do the synchronization using the queries... the queries are used for the following:
- lets say you havr an issue with data on 4th of March
- you stop AW service
- you access the database of hds and delete the data using a delete query until 3rd of march
- you run the query "truncate table Recovery"
- then you start the AW service
- the servicr will compare the data it has with what is available on logger, and retrieve what is missing

fyi, this is what tac did in a few similar cases i had opened

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: