cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Data Server / CVP Voice/VXML Hard disk Allocation Issues.

ccg-collab1
Level 2
Level 2

Good day. Currently we are conducting health check to our Client's Data/CVP Servers. Can someone know how drive E: is getting low in allocations this is for both Data Server and CVP Server, also is it normal for the data server to consume high memory utilization? please refer to the attached file.

Hope someone can help us on this issue. Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

High memory consumption with servers that run SQL Server is perfectly normal. The way SQL Server is designed is such that in order to improve performance, it wants to load as much data into memory - this is perfectly normal. I don't know what version you're running, but say for instance PCCE 10.5, the staging guide requires you to set a maximum memory usage within SQL to 4096MB - not so much in UCCE. 

As for your disk space issue... I'm willing to bet that your databases are not being properly purged. Assuming you're on UCCE... your logger, aw, and hds all have stored procedures that run every night that should purge the oldest records based on however many days it was set to. I think by default, the aw is 7 days, logger is 14 days, and the hds is something like 3 years. 

You can see the jobs if you open Management Studio > SQL Server Agent > Jobs... there, you should see the jobs that kickoff. You can right click one of them and select View History to see if that job is running correctly. I recommend checking out PurgeTCD first as that will be one of the biggest tables. 

If you want to see the actual stored procedure and read its code, open Management Studio > Databases > <instance>_hds > Programmability > Stored Procedures... they'll be the ones that start with dbo.Purge... 

Your CVP disk fill up could be from CVP and VXML Application logs

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

High memory consumption with servers that run SQL Server is perfectly normal. The way SQL Server is designed is such that in order to improve performance, it wants to load as much data into memory - this is perfectly normal. I don't know what version you're running, but say for instance PCCE 10.5, the staging guide requires you to set a maximum memory usage within SQL to 4096MB - not so much in UCCE. 

As for your disk space issue... I'm willing to bet that your databases are not being properly purged. Assuming you're on UCCE... your logger, aw, and hds all have stored procedures that run every night that should purge the oldest records based on however many days it was set to. I think by default, the aw is 7 days, logger is 14 days, and the hds is something like 3 years. 

You can see the jobs if you open Management Studio > SQL Server Agent > Jobs... there, you should see the jobs that kickoff. You can right click one of them and select View History to see if that job is running correctly. I recommend checking out PurgeTCD first as that will be one of the biggest tables. 

If you want to see the actual stored procedure and read its code, open Management Studio > Databases > <instance>_hds > Programmability > Stored Procedures... they'll be the ones that start with dbo.Purge... 

Your CVP disk fill up could be from CVP and VXML Application logs

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: