cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Database Connections

clark.nguyen
Level 1
Level 1

I have a real quick question. I understand that a db get opens a connection to the database but does a db write also opens a connnection to the database?

any response would be appreciated

thanks,

clark

4 Replies 4

rnarayana
Level 5
Level 5

Hello ,

As far as I understand db step will use a connection to the database.

Thanks,

Radhika

pbarman
Level 5
Level 5

The SQL connections from IVR to Enterprise SQL server are always in a ESTABLISHED state. Do a netstat in cmd prompt and check that.

DB Get and DB Write both will use those connections to access the SQL database and perform the requested operation.

venkasub
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Clark,

Yes, DB Write step opens connection to database server. To free up the open connection you need to use DB Release step.

Following is from Cisco CRA Application Editor Step Reference Guide.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/apps_3_1/english/admn_app/step_ref/db.htm#1003647

You can use this step to update an enterprise database. When you are finished with a database write operation, use the DB Release step to free the connection to the database server.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Venkat

Looking at the link Venkat, under the DB Release heading it says you can use it either after DB Get or DB Write. Does this mean then that the DB Get also uses a connection out of the pool?

Because in the CRS course notes it says you use the DB Release in conjunction with the DB Read and DB Write steps, indicating that DB Read and DB Write are the only two that check out a connection from the pool.

Then in the exam it asked for the "two" steps that check out a connection. So now I wonder which one along with DB Write it is.

Regards

Morgan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: