cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DDE > CTIOS

kumey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Has anyone been able to adapt an older DDE based CTI system successfully with a CTIOS deployment - yes i know DDE is old but unfortunately still have it the environment but need to get rid of the old CTI that used DDE

3 Replies 3

hemajosh
Level 4
Level 4

DDE is an old Windows communication technology . It's an IPC method for windows which help the application to share data.

As per best of my knowledge, Currently we don't have DDE based CTI clients supported with CTIOS.

If you want to come  out of this older client  then either you can use out of box CTIOS client or if you want you can develop your own custom client application using CIL ( JAVA/ COM/ C++/ .Net ) or ActiveX controls in COM container like VB.

Meanwhile Can you tell me what is your UCCE version ?

This actually for a new ICM opportunity to replace an Aspect CTI integration into Avaya

Kurt Mey

kumey@cisco.com<mailto:kumey@cisco.com>

Sent from my iPad

That's  good. Customer can go with any of the latest CCE releases. You can refer the UCCE SRND guide for more details.

For client part, they can use wither CTIOS or CAD or Finesse.

For complete details on all three client solutions, please check relevant cisco docs.

Let me know if any other info is needed from my end.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: