cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dedicated CUCM cluster for CCE

brown3wab
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to find out if there is any benefit to giving the UCCE environment a dedicated CUCM cluster or having it use our existing cluster?  I am not finding anything in the deployment guides that references this type of configuration or best practice. 

We are in the 11.5 CUCM environment. 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

You won't find documentation on it, but it's best practice to have a CUCM cluster for the contact center, and a cluster for your non-contact center workers. This allows you to upgrade either cluster without having to worry about dependencies. CCE is specific in what version of CUCM can run. For instance, if you're on CCE 11.6 but want to run CUCM 12 or 12.5, you would not be able to, you'd have to upgrade CCE to 12. I'm sure there are other reasons that a more sound UC person, like @Chris Deren , can post about but that's the big one - cluster independence.

View solution in original post

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There are no requirements or specific documented guidances to separate the clusters. Here are usual reasons I see customers go that routes:

• Sizing, depending on the environment size separate clusters may be needed with the load added by UCCE (not as common anymore and applicable to large environments only)
  • Separation to allow corporate cluster to be independent from UCCE compatibility and thus allowing upgrade of the corporate cluster without potential need of upgrading UCCE which is much more complex
  • Admin seperation as sometimes different people administer the systems

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

You won't find documentation on it, but it's best practice to have a CUCM cluster for the contact center, and a cluster for your non-contact center workers. This allows you to upgrade either cluster without having to worry about dependencies. CCE is specific in what version of CUCM can run. For instance, if you're on CCE 11.6 but want to run CUCM 12 or 12.5, you would not be able to, you'd have to upgrade CCE to 12. I'm sure there are other reasons that a more sound UC person, like @Chris Deren , can post about but that's the big one - cluster independence.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There are no requirements or specific documented guidances to separate the clusters. Here are usual reasons I see customers go that routes:

• Sizing, depending on the environment size separate clusters may be needed with the load added by UCCE (not as common anymore and applicable to large environments only)
  • Separation to allow corporate cluster to be independent from UCCE compatibility and thus allowing upgrade of the corporate cluster without potential need of upgrading UCCE which is much more complex
  • Admin seperation as sometimes different people administer the systems

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: