Views
Helpful
Replies

delete agents from selection in CUIC reports 10.5

Sarah Pongres
Level 1
Level 1

Hello experts -

When I run an Inbound report in CUIC and go to the Agent Names list to select the agent, it lists all agents, including all removed users.  Is there a way to delete those agents from appearing in that list?  Or do I need to create a new User Group that just contains active agents?

Thank you

SP

12 Replies 12

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Sarah

Basically the reports show 'deleted' agents as they are still in the HR DB. If they were not listed, you would not be able to report today on an agent's activity from last week if they had been removed this week for example.

The agents will disappear when the historical data relating to them is purged; this will happen eventually but could be anything between months and years.

The only way to 'get rid' of them now would be to force an early purge and that would also lose your report data, so this is typically not a good idea.

As you've suggested you could customise a new value list in CUIC that adds a check for 'active = t' in the DB to only only current agents. You would then also need to create a customised copy of each report that uses this value list (at least if you are using UCCX/CUIC which I'm assuming you are).

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

How does this apply to renamed agents. I changed an agents names in CUCM (to her married name) and now I can see both Names in CUIC. The old name only has data up to the point that the name changed. The new name has data after the change. Is there a way to consolidate the data under the Agents new name?

Hi Kleid

Not really. You can just select both names, and the reports should just show a line for either the old or new name as appropriate for the report period. 

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

your suggestion seems to be much too difficult for a simple thing, which is to delete an old user from the cuic, when the guy was going from the company, not necessary for aa username change.  In this case, the user/agent has already been delete in CUCM and UCCX, but stays in CUIC.

Amyzing that Cisco does not think about simple things.

Jacky

Jacky,

I understand that from your perspective it is a simple thing to just delete the user from CUIC when it already had been deleted from CUCM and UCCX. To start with, you do not have the ability to delete an user from the UCCX side, it is just that whenever you delete the end user in CUCM or removes the IPCC extension, the resource is automatically marked as False in the database but is not deleted permanently due to which it does not show up on UCCX under RmCm resources.

Now coming to the point why we do it in such a manner and do not delete the user completely from the database. At some point, the user was a part of a company and must have taken calls and perfrom various kind of transactions with the customers on behalf of your company. This generates number of historical records for that particular user which a customer depending on the nature of business they do (such as Financial Institutions, law firms etc.) might be interested in viewing even after the user had left the orgnization for any xyz reason such as some legal requirments etc. Now this requirement differs from company to company, for you it may not be of any use once the user is gone but for some other organizations it is everything. We have seen cases wherein customer had come to us asking for the data that is 10 years old for an user therefore Cisco cannot view this situation from just one customer's point of view. As Aaron correctly pointed out, there is always an option of doing your data purge according to your needs so that you can wipe out the data for the time period you do not want to store it and this provides the flexibility of just keeping what you want from a customer perspective.

Below is the defect we opened that talks about the workaround in order to create the collection query to report only on active data as Aaron pointed out:

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCug62201/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Regards

Deepak

Deepak - This workaround can only be done by TAC, correct?

Bill

Workaround for what Bill

1) Creating collection query to report on active entries within CUIC

2) Deleting the records from the DB completely

If it is point 2 then yes only TAC can do it. Point number 1 can be done from your side defect had the workaround on how to create collection query.

Regards

Deepak

Thanks, Deepak.  I'm referring to number 1.  I'm a little out of my league here.  So I created the collection as instructed, but my UCCX_AgentName Value List already has this collection query

select resourcename as ID, resourcename as value from resource where assignedteamid = <COLLECTIONIDENTIFIER> and active ='t' order by resourcename

Do I just add SELECT DISTINCT resourcename AS ID, resourcename AS VALUE FROM Resource WHERE active=
to the next line, do I integrate it into the existing query, do I remove the existing query, or am I completely missing the point?

Bill

I was able to populate the collection by just using

SELECT DISTINCT resourcename AS ID, resourcename AS VALUE FROM Resource WHERE active='t'

The problem I'm having now is that the collection is not showing in reporting under any reports using Agent Name. 

Bill, please open a new thread and lets track it that way for this issue to keep it plain and clean for others as well.

Regards

Deepak

Sorry.  I didn't think of that.  I think we are all set.  It is apparent that this has to be configured, per login.  It isn't configurable to populate all reporting logins.

Bill

Hi Aaron,

I have the opposite issue in Version 9.0(2)where I am looking for a legacy agents information but can't find the names in CUIC.

I can run reports on other agents who have been with the organization since the start and we have selected to keep the HDS data as long as technically possible.

The only thing we have done would be to delete the agent from UCCE.

Do you have any thoughts?

thanks for taking the time.

Rick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: