Views
Helpful
Replies

Delete of SkillGroupMember failed. SG count for Agent xxxxx is invalid

Slackerou
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have 3 agents that I need to remove all their skills so I can delete the agents later. I can change their skills and delete skills except for any skill that is their last skill. I get error message "Failed to update the database. Delete of SkillGroupMember failed. SG count for Agent xxxxx is invalid" See attached image.

Like I said, I can add another skill and delete any they have, just can't delete the last skill that they show assigned to.

I'm using Config Manager, not the web re-skilling tool.

8 Replies 8

Is it just these three agents that have this issue?

If so, is it possible that after these agents were initially built, that someone changed some of their configuration information and never let you know? Changing that can cause problems as far as doing normal changes to them. If that's the cause, you'd likely have to do an exit opc on that agent PG to clear out the config.

So the situation is I have an admin that removes the skills from the Agents as part of off boarding process, then would normally delete the agents. Which ever skill is left as the last Skill assigned, you can never remove that skill hence the agent can never be delete.

Guess I should try that exit opc during a maint window?

So I opened a TAC case on this which they pointed me right back to bug CSCva35830, then gave me options of either installing 10.5.3 ES8, or doing the exit_router in RTTEST utility. What are the down sides if any on doing an exit_router, any gotchas?

Is this something that should be done say 2-3 times year without harm. Hopefully this site will be off the 10.5.1 pretty soon.

exit_router is the same as cycling the Router service. If there are any calls in queue, they'll get dropped. Schedule it for after hours... I'd rather do that than install an ES

Agreed, I would do the exit_router instead of adding an ES which might introduce some other issue.

You could even just bring down both sides and do any type of monthly/quarterly Windows patches at the same time to kill two birds with one stone. Normally I wouldn't try and combine work, but in this case you're basically just bringing down both sides briefly, so why not have one maintenance window?

After running the exit_router command during a maint window, I was able to successfully remove the skills from the agent and subsequently delete the agents.

Thanks for posting the confirmed solution.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: