Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial by Ext in UCCX 10

Jen.Juanier
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I would just like to seek some advise on what is the correct command line for restricting a certain extension number in dial by ext script.

This is what we have as of now.

// Script to check digitstring for toll-fraud.
{if (extnXfer.length() != 5) {
    return false;
}
if ((extnXfer.charAt(0) == '8') || (extnXfer.charAt(0) == '9')) {
    return false;
} else {
    return true;
}}

There are 2 extension numbers that we don't want to broadcast, 13102 and 13103. Can you please help provide the correct syntax for that one?

I appreciate your help on this.

Jen

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I've been working on the product for like 10 years...so, more like "experienced" rather than "good."  ;)  Glad I could help. Please don't forget to mark this post as answered.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jen.Juanier
Level 1
Level 1

anyone who can help? thanks

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Take a look at this solution I posted a while back.  It uses Regular Expression matching to validate the input.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/10797236/regular-expression-script

Thanks Anthony.

On the switch string I have added the 2 extension number that will go to invalid extension arguments. It works.

However, I have another issue. When I did a test call and dial an extension number located to other call manager, it doesn't work. it only works on the extension number associated on that UCCX even though that call manager has a route going to other cluster.

Do you have any idea?

Most likely the CSS on your CTI Ports cannot access those route patterns.

Your good man! It works. I changed the CSS to internal and I can reach the other clusters. Yipee. Super thanks :)

I've been working on the product for like 10 years...so, more like "experienced" rather than "good."  ;)  Glad I could help. Please don't forget to mark this post as answered.