cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dialog Start Recording

dlcharville
Level 4
Level 4

Does this API require MediaSense or will it work with third party recording application?

Getting API error "CF_RECORDING_LICENSE_EXCEEDED" when workflow is executed with Finesse on CCX.  We have the full version Calabrio One 11.5 so licenses are installed within Calabrio, not the Cisco version of Calabrio where the call recording licensees are installed on CCX.  So our CCX licensing does not have call recording enabled, is this a requirement for this API?

Thanks,
Dan

7 Replies 7

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes this API requires MediaSense.

Thanx,

Denise

Denise - do you know what the plan is since MediaSense End of Life is on October 31, 2020? Also what about the CCX Call Recording license error, guessing that is also a requirement?
Thanks,
Dan

Hi,

No I do not know what the plan is for this API moving forward. It may just be removed since it was specific for Media Sense. I believe that the CCX call recording license is required for this API.

Thanx,

Denise

I'm needing to only record inbound acd calls and NOT inbound non-ACD or outbound calls. Was trying to use this API in conjunction with a workflow to trigger the phone to record as the agent answered the call. Is there another way to handle this?

Thanks,
Dan

Hi,

What application are you using to record? Does it have APIs? The workflow or a custom gadget would be the best way to achieve this, the actual recording part of it is independent of Finesse. I hope that makes sense.

Thanx,

Denise

Denise - we are using Calabrio One for call recording.  Looks like their API is designed for recording controls only within Calabrio. 

Built in Bridge is configured on CUCM for the recording media source.  The recording option is set for selective call recording enabled.  From CUCM SRND "Users can make the recording request by pressing the Start Recording button on the endpoint or by sending the recording request from the JTAPI or TAPI application."

Thanks,

Dan

Hi,

Unfortunately I am not too familiar with the details of the Calabrio One APIs. As far as making a TAPI or JTAPI request, this cannot be done directly from a gadget and would need to have a separate application for that interaction.

Thanx,

Denise

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: