Views
Helpful
Replies

Did not find a pre-existing kms key in the property table

manojservion
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am using the latest version of contextstore SDK (1.0.7-10011). I am trying to lookup on a customer object. But it does not return me anything. The same code was working fine with previous versions. I am not sure what has changed.

I enabled some debugging and found that I am successfully able to retrieve POD data. But Customer object data retrieval with PII field fails.

I also found an exception in the initial loading that says KMS key not found. I have attached the logs and source code for reference.

12:51:42.965 [Thread-5] INFO com.cisco.thunderhead.kms.KmsManager - Successfully loaded the hashing salt from key https://encryption-a.wbx2.com/encryption/api/v1/keys/8256e044-7e77-406e-bf46-7c53f83cf48f

12:51:43.340 [Thread-5] INFO com.cisco.thunderhead.RESTClient - Error on GET: https://management.rciad.ciscoccservice.com/management/property/v1/user/propertyName/workgroup.lab.scr.encryption.latest.key.org.c7fd9662-69ef-409f-8588-eb1183ab5867

12:51:43.364 [Thread-5] INFO com.cisco.thunderhead.kms.KmsManager - Did not find a pre-existing kms key in the property table.

1. com.cisco.thunderhead.errors.NotFoundApiException: null: ApiError with errorType: notFound, errorData: propertyName, errorMessage: Object not found. Key: workgroup.lab.scr.encryption.latest.key.org.c7fd9662-69ef-409f-8588-eb1183ab5867

Need help!

Thanks,

Manoj

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ankparik
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Manoj,

Extension SDK version you are using (1.0.7-10011) is very old. Latest Extension SDK version as on 05/24 is 1.0.8-10059. Please patch your setup with latest Extension SDK downloaded from https://context-service-downloads.rciad.ciscoccservice.com/files/latest/context-service-sdk-extension-1.0.8.jar

Your setup should be performing FMS heartbeat every 30 seconds and should have automatically downloaded latest SDK extension file from Context Service download location. Please also debug your app to ensure that proper heartbeats are happening.

Once you patch your setup, please de-register from Context Service and then re-register to get new Connection Data. Use this Connection Data to re-create the objects (PODS, customers, etc...). Your Context Service operations should be back to normal after that.

Also note that CS team enabled KMS on May 9th. All your previous objects were deleted on this day. You would have to re-create all test data using latest SDK and new Connection Data to be able to search them.

Thank you

Ankit Parikh

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ankparik
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Manoj,

Extension SDK version you are using (1.0.7-10011) is very old. Latest Extension SDK version as on 05/24 is 1.0.8-10059. Please patch your setup with latest Extension SDK downloaded from https://context-service-downloads.rciad.ciscoccservice.com/files/latest/context-service-sdk-extension-1.0.8.jar

Your setup should be performing FMS heartbeat every 30 seconds and should have automatically downloaded latest SDK extension file from Context Service download location. Please also debug your app to ensure that proper heartbeats are happening.

Once you patch your setup, please de-register from Context Service and then re-register to get new Connection Data. Use this Connection Data to re-create the objects (PODS, customers, etc...). Your Context Service operations should be back to normal after that.

Also note that CS team enabled KMS on May 9th. All your previous objects were deleted on this day. You would have to re-create all test data using latest SDK and new Connection Data to be able to search them.

Thank you

Ankit Parikh

Hi Ankit,

Thanks. It worked with the new Extension JAR.

I think the automatic download of SDK did not happen last time(even from my actual demo Web-application that runs always). Now with the latest extension I see successful heartbeat happening without any issues.

Is there a link where we can find if there is a new extension SDK JAR released?

Regards,

Manoj

You shouldn't have to worry about latest SDK Extension version. In future, we'll add status page in Spark Cloud Collab Mgmt to show you status and pending updates.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: