Level 1
Level 1

Is the private and public link is based on the network type 

20 Replies 20

kavle
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Dmytro Benda,

here you find one more interesting  question sir.

so when we talk about connectivity , the router connects to PG (but that's not a PIM connection I believe it just a direct physical(wan or Lan ) connection ) and I believe one more physical interface ( LAN or WAN) from ICM router connected to AW-DS server .

so we write scripts by logging  into AW (admin workstation) server not on the ICM router itself . so my question is how my instruction on the AW(in our CCE scripts ) will get updated at the ICM router side . I did check all the services on the Router and AW-DS server .. all the services explains about fetching the data from the ICM router ...((( exmaple Replication.exe , rtclinet.exe, rtdist.exe ))))  but how does configuration changes that we make on the AW by writing scripts will get upadted to the ICM router .

I did check the SQL server as well .. they both are different in ICM router and AW-DS server .So how does data sync to Router from AW-DS .

Dmytro Benda
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello kavle,

When you save your ICM script on the Admin Server (AW), then the AW first sends the new version of the script directly to Router's memory (RAM), then the new version is written to Logger's SQL DB and finally after that it is stored on the AW's SQL. 

kavle
Level 1
Level 1

oh okay sir got it. and could you confirm me once Dmytro about my understanding a Router , PG and AW-DS server connectivity which I told in the previous question.

"""""""the router connects to PG (but that's not a PIM connection I believe it just a direct physical(wan or Lan ) connection ) and I believe one more physical interface ( LAN or WAN) from ICM router connected to AW-DS server """""""""""

"""""""the router connects to PG (but that's not a PIM connection I believe it just a direct physical(wan or Lan ) connection ) and I believe one more physical interface ( LAN or WAN) from ICM router connected to AW-DS server """"""""""" - the ICM Router Virtual Machine has only two network interfaces. The first one is connected to the Private Network and it is used for redundancy and synchronization stuff. The second network interface is connected to the Public Network and via this second interface the Router communicates with the PG and with the AW server. The Router will "see" both the PG and the AW in the Public Network. 

kavle
Level 1
Level 1

@Dmytro Benda you are the Best !!!!!1

Muhammed Ashiq
Level 1
Level 1

Good day,

You can go through this for a detailed Call Flow with Ladder Diagram. Hope this will helps.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/customer-collaboration/unified-customer-voice-portal-901/116178-technote-cvp-00.html

Also Please go through Chapter: High Availability and Network Design in UCCE SRND document for better understanding of Public and Private networks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: