Views
Helpful
Replies

Difference Between Working of Finesse in UCCE & UCCX

Absaar Javed
Level 4
Level 4

Hello

Is there a difference between working of Finesse on UCCE & Finesse on UCCX ?

5 Replies 5

tephipps
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you provide a bit more context for your question? 

From a pure API point of view, we document the small differences in how the API's work between the platforms in the Finesse Developer Guide.  Aside from this, we don't have a specific document that addresses the differences but there aren't that many deltas.

thank you tephipps.

I need to understand differences, if any, in following contexts:

1. Is there a difference in how finesse,js library and other event handling is done?
  2. Is there a difference in how gadgets are installed on agent.supervisor desktop?
  3. Is there a difference in Web Services APIs of the two versions?

So basically i need to know that:

Can gadgets developed for finesse for UCCX can be used on finesse for UCCE without any change or major change?

Regards

Gadgets are loaded in the Gadget Layout in the same way across the two platforms and the architecture is the same across the platforms so eventing is handled in the same way.  There are some slight differences in the API and the differences are noted in the developer guide.

I'd like to further clarify Ted's response on the "some slight differences in the API".  The *physical* API between UCCE and UCCX are the same.  The differences between the two fall into two categories:

1) There are a few things that work on one Platform but not the other.  For instance, currently, TRANSFER_SST (Blind Transfer) is supported in UCCE, but not UCCX.  UCCE supports Wrap-Up, but UCCX does not.  There are very few of these.

2) There are some subtle differences in state models between the two Platforms.  For example, in UCCX while on a direct dial call, the Agent's state is "NOT_READY", but in UCCE, the Agent's state is "TALKING".  There are not many of these, but if you are familiar with the two Platforms, then you probably understand these already.

As Ted says, both of the above are clearly documented in the Developer Guide.  Let me say this though.  If you code your Gadgets in a very clean way, many of these differences should not really affect you.  Yes, if you try to utilize an API that isn't present in both Platforms it won't work (and you can use the SystemInfo deploymentType to determine which platform you are running on and hide that feature from your User).  When it comes to the state model differences, just handle the states as they come.

Good Luck!

g.

Thanx a lot Ted and Gary.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: