Views
Helpful
Replies

Difference in Handled Calls Between Call Type and Skill Group

saharhanna
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a Call type that redirects to only one Skill Group.

When I try to view the total number of calls handled, I notice that:

Call_Type_Half_Hour.CallsHandledToHalf > Skill_Group_Half_Hour.CallsHandledToHalf

Caltyp22                                                  perskg27

Is there a logical reason as to where this difference comes from? Aren't they supposed to have the same value?

Appreciate your promt replies

Sahar Hanna

7 Replies 7

mukesh.singh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sahar,

Generally what happens,

1.Creating Call Type

2.Creating DN

3.Mapping Calltype,DN and Script

Now call comes and hits script,that means,it touches the Call type and after that call comes to skill group,might caller hangup the call while in queue.

Just because of this there may be some differences in report.

Mukesh Singh

Hello Mukesh,

Thank you for the reply. However, the fields that I am comparing are CallsHandledToHalf from both tables, this means these are calls that have been answered and completed. So if the call was hung up in the queue it is not considered in this field.

Dass Prakash R
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sahar,

The Perskg27 and CT22 are two different reports. The value can be greater or lesser either way. I remember had raised a Cisco TAC for this issue and got  a comment that these two reports are different and not to be compared because they take the values from different tables in the database. However, you can compare two different skillgroup reports and two different call type reports.

Hope this helps!!!

Thanks,

Dass

Please rate useful posts by clicking on the star

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

could you please tell us the ICM version.

Also, can you just go the HDS database and select the rows from the Call_Type_Half_Hour and the Skill_Group_Half_Hour views for the time interval, where you see the difference. Observe the CallsHandledToHalf column values. Are they different, too?

Also, is there any chance someone changed the report? Or no one toched it?

Thanks.

G.

Hello,

The ICM version I have is 8.0(3)

I am actually reading those values from Webview so the data is not being changed by anyone, it is the system's data

For example, I took the time interval from 08/10/2012 till 22/10/2012 and read the following values from Webview:

• From caltyp22: Call_Type_Half_Hour.CallsHandledToHalf= 181236
  • From perskg27: Skill_Group_Half_Hour.CallsHandledToHalf= 180948

So we can see that there is a difference of 288 calls between the two fields eventhough the call type I am examining redirects only to the skill group.

So how could there be 288 calls that are handled in the call type but not handled by its corresponding skill group?

Thanks for the reply

Sahar Hanna

If you see something in Webview, it does not necessarily mean you see "system's data". Webview reports can be modified too, with the Infomaker tool. This is why I asked you to go down to the database level to see whether there is any difference there.

Also, if you are in WebView, are you referring to the numbers you see on the webpage, or do you export the report to Excel, perhaps?

Also, according to the Schema doc, there's a slight difference between Call_Type_Interval.CallsHandled and Skill_Group_Interval.CallsHandled.

The definition of the former:

The total number of calls of this call type handled in the reporting interval.

Termination_Call_Detail records generated by agent PG with a CallDispositionFlag of 1 are counted as CallHandled.

A handled call is:

1. An incoming ACD call that was answered by an agent, and then completed.

2. A call associated with Outbound Option that the agent answered, and then completed.

3. A non-voice task that the agent started working on then completed.

A handled call/task is completed when the agent associated with the call/task finishes the wrap-up work associated with the call/task. This field is applicable to both Unified ICM and Unified CCE with the following exception: the field is not incremented if the call is answered by an agent on a standard ACD unless the call was translation routed.

And the latter:

The number of inbound ACD calls answered and wrap-up completed by agents associated with this skill group during the reporting interval.

This field is applicable for Unified ICM, Unified CCE and Outbound Option. A handled call is:

1. An incoming ACD call that was answered by an agent, and then completed.

2. A call associated with Outbound Option that the agent answered, and then completed.

3. A non-voice task that the agent started working on then completed.

A handled call/task is completed when the agent associated with the

call/task finishes the wrap-up work associated with the call/task.

So the first one actually seems to use the Termination_Call_Detail view, and for the second one, it's the PG counting the calls. Unfortunately, there's no detailed explanation on what calls are marked as CallDispositionFlag=1 in TCD.

But IMHO, both values should be equal.

Are you really, really, absolutely sure there's no other script using this CallType?

G.

Hello,

Thank you all for your replies.

I finally found out the reason behind the difference and wanted to share it with you.

Actually the perskg27 represents calls originating with the option of choosing the peripheral they originated from.

However this does not apply to caltyp22 where we do not have an option of choosing the peripheral.

In perskg 27: When an agent transfers a call to another agent, this call is accounted for in the Internal In field but not in Calls Handled field (because it originated in my case from the call manager and not from the CVP as opposed to the other calls that have not been transferred).

Thus if we add Calls Handled + Internal In we will get the same value as Calls Handled of caltyp22

Thanks,

Sahar Hanna