cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

directory location for Prompt Management

wmaccachran
Level 1
Level 1

I am using the BaselinePrompt.aef script (freeware download from web) for re-recording prompts.  the string value for Directory is "Prompts\user\en_US\".  The script records and playbacks the newly recorded script fine.  my question is: what is the directory location for the Prompt Management folder.  I prefer to save the recorded scripts into a newly created sub-folder in prompt management ... as I can only poorly describe as P[DelinquentNotice\].  so I am looking for what the string value equivalent would be for my DelinquentNotice subfolder in Prompt Management view of CCX administration web portal. 

thank you for replying.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Get rid of your Write Document steps.  They are helpful steps in scripts, but are absolutely not needed in your script.  In fact, they only serve to confuse you.  The only step you need to "Save" a prompt, is the Upload Prompt step.  Which I do see you have.

upload-prompt-2.png

Let's explore each section of the Upload Prompt step:

1. You're hard coding the language folder here.  Which isn't necessarily bad, but that confirms which language folder your prompt will be stored in.  In this case "en_US".  In the screen shot you supplied above, I can see that this is in fact the folder you are looking in.  So that's good.

2. The name variable will hold the remaing path and file name for your prompt file.  When I reversed the call flow, it appears that the path and filename would be overwritten two times, causing a conflict, and a final value of suffix + ".wav "

First (And this looks right)

/* Set the value of the name variable to the path/name of the prompt */

name = directory + suffix + ".wav"

Second (This looks wrong, you should delete it)

/* Set the value of the name variable to the name of the prompt */

name = suffix + ".wav"

If you delete the second name Set step, then your path and filename would be:

"Prompts\user\en_US\" + suffix + ".wav"

Which is also wrong.  You should only store the path *after* the language folder name.  Like this:

"DelinquentNotice\"

So your new directory variable will look like:

3.  The recordedPromptDoc is all good.  No change here.  Just take care of those Write Document steps.  They are not needed.  You may want to enhance your solution to allow the caller to review their prompt before moving to saving it.  Maybe they messed up and would like a second try.

4. This is the user account you authenticated with the Authenticate User step.  The only thing I would caution you on here, is that you used your UCCX Admin account, and now we all see the username and password.

We're not that big of a threat, considering we don't have access to your UCCX server.

However, if one were so inclined, they could launch the Editor pointed at your server, and still view your scripts with an anonymous login.  And now they see your Admin account credentials in the script, and have access to your system.  A better choice is to use the CUCM PIN for this user, as you cannot login into AppAdmin with a PIN, or create a new user all together who is not an Admin on UCCX.

5. Over write the file.  Looks good.  Not much to say here, unless you want to prevent a file from being overwritten.  But it looks like you don't.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

first of all what is your UCCX version?

When talking about 'directories', you are not referring to the file system, do you?

G.

Version CCX

8.5.1.11002-22

Within the BaselinePrompt script, DIRECTORY is the variable.  My presumption is its value "Prompts\user\en_US\" is a directory location on the CCX server. I want to replace this variable value to represent the locations available for view on the CCX Prompt Management locations.

Without seeing the actual AEF file I can only give a generic answer here: Whenever you reference a path inside of a P[] or SP[] statment the following rules apply:

• The first directory (i.e. the first '/') is the language folder the contact is currently in (e.g. an en_US contact starts from the en_us/ folder.
  • Every additional directory after that is a folder within that language.
  • If the folder/file structure cannot be found, the MIVR engine will search the base language (e.g. en for English) followed by the default folder. The same subfolder structure is searched. Example: You specify /myprompts/example.wav for an en_US contact. If it can't be found there MIVR will search /en/myprompts/example.wav and then /default/myprompts/example.wav

Jonathon,

thank you for the reply.  I appreciate the explanation of the P[] format.  I have included the attached AEF file.  It is the value i wish to change for the Directory variable so the saved .WAV file is displayed in Prompt Management.  So, currently, the variable value of "Prompts\user\en_US", I cannot "find" my saved .wav file in Prompt Management.  I want to save the recorded .WAV file into the DelinquentNotice subfolder in Prompt Management.  My hope being, that I can use my saved .WAV file in a Prompt parameter with a value like "P[DelinquentNotice\1111.wav]".  I apologize for all the confusion.

Get rid of your Write Document steps.  They are helpful steps in scripts, but are absolutely not needed in your script.  In fact, they only serve to confuse you.  The only step you need to "Save" a prompt, is the Upload Prompt step.  Which I do see you have.

upload-prompt-2.png

Let's explore each section of the Upload Prompt step:

1. You're hard coding the language folder here.  Which isn't necessarily bad, but that confirms which language folder your prompt will be stored in.  In this case "en_US".  In the screen shot you supplied above, I can see that this is in fact the folder you are looking in.  So that's good.

2. The name variable will hold the remaing path and file name for your prompt file.  When I reversed the call flow, it appears that the path and filename would be overwritten two times, causing a conflict, and a final value of suffix + ".wav "

First (And this looks right)

/* Set the value of the name variable to the path/name of the prompt */

name = directory + suffix + ".wav"

Second (This looks wrong, you should delete it)

/* Set the value of the name variable to the name of the prompt */

name = suffix + ".wav"

If you delete the second name Set step, then your path and filename would be:

"Prompts\user\en_US\" + suffix + ".wav"

Which is also wrong.  You should only store the path *after* the language folder name.  Like this:

"DelinquentNotice\"

So your new directory variable will look like:

3.  The recordedPromptDoc is all good.  No change here.  Just take care of those Write Document steps.  They are not needed.  You may want to enhance your solution to allow the caller to review their prompt before moving to saving it.  Maybe they messed up and would like a second try.

4. This is the user account you authenticated with the Authenticate User step.  The only thing I would caution you on here, is that you used your UCCX Admin account, and now we all see the username and password.

We're not that big of a threat, considering we don't have access to your UCCX server.

However, if one were so inclined, they could launch the Editor pointed at your server, and still view your scripts with an anonymous login.  And now they see your Admin account credentials in the script, and have access to your system.  A better choice is to use the CUCM PIN for this user, as you cannot login into AppAdmin with a PIN, or create a new user all together who is not an Admin on UCCX.

5. Over write the file.  Looks good.  Not much to say here, unless you want to prevent a file from being overwritten.  But it looks like you don't.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: