cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disconnect new call and alert the agent

manojsurendra
Level 1
Level 1

We have CCX 11.5. There is a requirement that no call should wait on the queue and if all the agents are engaged with calls the new call should be disconnected immediately. Also Agents should be alerted with caller ID or should be provided with a mechanism to call them back.

If this is not possible, place the new call on the queue if all the agents are busy and agents should how are on the queue real time.

How can I achieve this?

6 Replies 6

There's different ways of doing this, but it's certainly possible.

1. Look at CSQ stats to see if there are any agents available, if not send an email with the caller details or save it to a DB then hang up the call.

2. A better solution would be to give the caller the option for a call back. There's plenty of posts detailing how to get callback working in CCX.

david

A little something to add...

2. There's even a set of sample scripts you can download and learn from, and in there, you'll find a callback example

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/customer-collaboration/unified-contact-center-express/products-implementation-design-guides-list.html

Look for "repository" on that page, it was the last link when I looked today.

The sample I'm talking about is in the following folder: script_repository_902\script_repository\release3\BaseLineAdvQueuing

Thank you very much for your response.
I don't want caller to enter the call back number. The number should be collected from the caller contact details. And then that number should be provided to the agent so that he can call back later no the IVR to automatically make the call back.
Is there a way that we can make this happened?

Yes. Just collect the caller contact details with the Get Contact Info step, and use the number from there, instead of asking the caller for a number.

Thank you for the response. Option 1 seems to be a good idea for my requirement. Can you please share a sample script for the same?

It's really as simple as using the Get Reporting Statistics step, an If step to check the value against your constant, then the Create Email/Send Email steps to alert the Agents.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: