Views
Helpful
Replies

Display original calling number in UCCX

Phil Bradley
Level 4
Level 4

Hello All,

I have noticed that when a call comes in to UCCX the ANI that shows up in CDATA is that of the Unity connection port instead of the outside caller id. I do have the service parameter in call manager that states "Display Original Calling Number on Tranfer from Cisco Unity" set to true. Is there another setting that I missed? The call flow is that the outside caller hits a system call handler in unity connection and then gets transfered to a UCCX queue.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Where within UCCX do you see the ANI of the Unity port? You will need the JTAPI logs to see what is going on. Upon ingress to the UCCX script we use the unModifiedCallingParty in the NewCallEvent.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Ryan LaFountain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I actually just tested this in the lab the other day. What version of CUCM are you running? In 7.x CUCM you would see the Unity port as the calling number if you had this service parameter enabled. In 8.x CUCM, it is the opposite. I set this parameter to false in the lab as I am running and 8.x CUCM and I then saw the original calling party number.

Hello Ryan,

I am running CUCM and Unity Connection 8.6. I will give this a try and see what happens when setting this to false (which I believe is the default). I believe the reason that I set this to true was because of an issue I was having between unity connection and a SIP trunk not showing the external caller id but the unity connection port. I will test this and let you know the results. Thanks!

Hello Ryan,

I just tested this is my environment and I did not see a change in the ANI in UCCX. It still shows the unity connection port for the ANI whether the setting is set to true or false. However it does affect the caller id that shows up in the SIP trunk to the third party IVR and it needs to be set to true for that to display the external caller id.

Where within UCCX do you see the ANI of the Unity port? You will need the JTAPI logs to see what is going on. Upon ingress to the UCCX script we use the unModifiedCallingParty in the NewCallEvent.

It is actually on the IPPA agent's cdata screen. It is the default screen that is in CDA the has the ANI field.

Hello Ryan,

We got the issued resolved. We were using the ANI field in the default layout under enterprise data. We set a custom variable to the incoming caller id using the Get Call Contact Info. Thanks!

Hi Phil,

I am having a simialr issue when transferring calls from Unity connection to UCCX. The Finesse agents are seeing the original called number, but they are also seeing the voicemail port number which is confusing the CRM lookup utility.

I need to be able to mask the voicemail port and it sounds like you managed to do this.

Can you describe how you set this variable on the Get Call Contact info step on the CCX script?

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Oli

Oli,

You can use the Get Call Contact Info step in the script to capture various things such as Calling Number, Original Called Number etc and store the value in a variable (Type String). Once this had been done, simply follow the below post in order to show the same on Finesse Agent Desktop:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12425561/configuration-call-peripheral-variables-and-expanded-call-context-ecc-finesse

More details on Call Variables layout section can be found in below Admin Guide as well:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_10_6/config/guide/UCCX_BK_CEC562D1_00_cisco-unified-ccx-administration-guide106.pdf

Regards

Deepak

- Rate Helpful Posts -

tomlangley
Level 1
Level 1

FYI you don't get this problem in UCCX when Unity uses SIP integration.