cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Distributor service account could not be created

serotonin01
Level 1
Level 1

I have recently rebuild primary AW/HDS server.

While trying to configure Administration and Data Server component I got message that Distributor service account could not be created. Wile trying to use the Service Account Manager to create new account I got error : The server is unwilling to process the request. Exception from HRESULT: 0x80072035.

Has anyone seen this before? It's my first time encountering this.

Other servers typically worked fine. The only difference I can think os id that this particular server had issues creating certificate through SSL Encryption. I had to manually generate one through IIS.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I also faced the same issue when we upgrade PCCE /UCCE setup from 12.0.1 to 12.5.1 with the default Domain Administrator account.

Later what we did we created another Domain user and changed the service logon name from both  ICM Router & AW and the issue got resolved.

if you're using the default Domain Administrator account. Please create a new user and try There won't be any impact for Web setup, config , setup change etc..

Ram.S

Regards,
Ram.S

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi,

Open service.msc and select Cisco ICM Distributor service and change the logon  name: lab.LOCAL\samuser and type correct password.

verify Service Account Manager status and fix.

Ram.S

Regards,
Ram.S

Hi @Ramamoorthy Shanmugam 

I did that and that appears to appears to help but the Service Account Manager says my account is not a service account. Plus the password expired every 90 days.

Is there a way to create UCCE Distributor service account or I just have to live with the way things are?

Hi,

I also faced the same issue when we upgrade PCCE /UCCE setup from 12.0.1 to 12.5.1 with the default Domain Administrator account.

Later what we did we created another Domain user and changed the service logon name from both  ICM Router & AW and the issue got resolved.

if you're using the default Domain Administrator account. Please create a new user and try There won't be any impact for Web setup, config , setup change etc..

Ram.S

Regards,
Ram.S

qarbaba1370t
Level 1
Level 1

Could this be an issue associated with licensing? If we have a surplus of PCs and now not enough licenses for new job, does the connector stop reporting into the management console?

k.enchoraka
Level 1
Level 1

You can't change the services subnets with out re-imaging the equipment. The equal is real for changing the IP addresses related to the cluster link itself. All these are essential to how the appliance works, and that they can not be modified as soon as the equipment has been deployed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: