cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

_dnis and _ani in activity logs

ram
Level 1
Level 1

In the activity logs I see _dnis and _ani with some values.

Can I know what are these variables and why we use them?

The Userguide says that they are sent by default. Just wondering why we use them.

sample logs -

10.157.42.111.1341401471616.3134.LOC,07/04/2012 6:31:11.616,,start,parameter,_dnis=4249

10.157.42.111.1341401471616.3134.LOC,07/04/2012 06:31:11.616,,start,parameter,dnis=8222

Appreciate your help.

3 Replies 3

Dass Prakash R
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ram,

DNIS - Dialed Number Identification String is the ons sent by the telecom provider / Customer, with the help of the DNIS, a dialed number will be configured in ICM and a script will hit accordingly to the configured dialed number

ANI - Automatic Number Identification is the calling party number

So when a call hits the ICM you will have the calling Party and the called party number. Calling party number is the ANI and in most cases the called party number will be the DNIS

Hope this helps

Thanks,

Dass

Please rate useful posts

Thanks Prakash.

My question is why these new variables _dnis and _ani are for when we already have dnis and ani.

Where do we set those values and why.

In the documents it is said that they are http parameters attached in the URL to invoke the CVP application. And

starting from 8.0(1) these are added by default.

As per the sample logs provided the DNIS = 8222 is the label from ICM which will go to the VRU. This would have been configured in the VXML Gateway to invoke the bootstrap application in the Gateway. This will be helpful for the VRU in case the call has to be placed in Queue before reaching the agent

Thanks,

Dass

Please rate useful posts

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: