Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Do we need to install SQL in UCCX standalone server

Hi Team,

I have a installation for UCCX ver 7.0.2 & Quality Manager 2.7.3

I have installed the UCCX application which has its default SQL installed along with the CRS application installtion.

Now I have also installed Quality Manager 2.7.3 with SQL 2005.

I followed the guide for installation, I get sync error when logined to QM desktop Administration.

I feel the Database of QM is not syned with UCCX.

Do we have to install SQL separately on the UCCX server.  Please advice & how to go further.

Highly appreciate if someone shares his expertise in this.

Thanks,

Oliver Rodrigues.

5 Replies 5

Tanner Ezell
Level 4
Level 4

You need MS SQL 2005 for AQM specially. UCCX does not need anything

more than MSDE for AQM to work.

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 3:09 PM, oliver.rodrigues

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com

Hi Taner,

Many thanks for your response.

The SQL 2005 installed on the QM has logon: local service ( Under the services.msc SQL MSQL SERVER)  This is by default configured.

But for UCCX    MSSQL SERVER service login :  CRSAdminstrator   ( Under the services.msc)  This is by default configured.

Which SQL instance username & password should I put under the QM postinstall   configuration items.

can you throw some light into this.

I have rad the installation guides but could not make much out of it.

Thanks,

Oliver

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

UCCX has SQL already installed, and it uses Windows Authentication by default.

This means you have to follow the instruction manuals for AQM:

1) Create a local user account on both the AQM and UCCX server with the same username and password

2) On the UCCX server, grant the user access to the SQL DB

3) On the AQM server, set the Sync service to run as the new user

It's in the install guide, in the 'Setting Up NT Authentication for the Cisco Unified CC Database' section. Try following that and post back if you have further issues..

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Arron,

Thank-you for your response.

1) Create a local user account on both the AQM and UCCX server with the same username and password

----       I do this .

2) On the UCCX server, grant the user access to the SQL DB

----------   in the UCCX server which options do I go to grant user access to SQL DB. 

Do I need to do the same on the QM. 

3) On the AQM server, set the Sync service to run as the new user

Hi

1) OK.

2) If you have added the user on the UCCX server to the Administrators group, that user should get access to the DB by default (all members of the local 'Administrators' account get SA rights to SQL).

3) This is documented in the manual - go into the 'Services' control panel, and edit the service properties to use the new local account you created.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!