cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does CVP 'Transfer' element for ISDN send DTMF?

jgass
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I have a customer that has the following call flow requirement:

1. Caller dials customer inbound platform (CVP).
  2. VXML script executues and collects customer membership number.
  3. Using the CVP Call Studio 'transfer' element set as ISDN and aai to send the customer membership number to a 3rd party IVR destination.

My question is around how this actually works - does the transfer node use the SIP uui and does this get mapped to ISDN uui ?

All responses apreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ptindall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The standard transfer element doesn't provide any way to send user data.  To do this you have to resort to customisations.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ptindall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The standard transfer element doesn't provide any way to send user data.  To do this you have to resort to customisations.

I was thinking about using the 'aai' field in the available standard transfer element fields:CallStudio_StandardTransfer_Element.JPG.jpg

There is a previous discussion that indicates that this field could be used to pass data from CVP to ISDN/SIP:

Call Transfers and CTI integration

and refers to the VoiceXML 2.0 standard specifications:

http://www.w3.org/TR/voicexml20/#dml2.3.7

But I am still trying to understand how 'aai' is used as part of the standard transfer element. Is the contents of this field mapped to SIP uui data as part of the new call setup via the transfer element? If so, then the contents of the SIP uui should be mapped to ISDN uui via the voice gateway (maybe).

If anyone has used the standard Transfer element and used the 'aai' field to pass data I'd love to know more about...

Thanks,

Jason

jgass
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Anyone know where I can find more info on how the 'aai' field is actually used? Call flow diagram or mapping to SIP uui for example.

All help appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason.

Which class do we need to extend or implement inorder to create a custom Transfer element

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: