cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dropping a call in Finesse Gadget

scotts1
Level 1
Level 1

I am creating a gadget to add notes to customer records in our database. I have all that working but would like to end the call when the user clicks the save button in the gadget. I can't seem to find anything on how to do that. Any help will be much appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I found it by looking at the start recording sample, and editing it...

_dialog.requestAction(user.getExtension(), finesse.restservices.Dialog.Actions.DROP);

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Scott,

Ending a call in Finesse is taking an action on a participant for the dialog with an action of "DROP". The Finesse JavaScript library has a function requestAction from the Dialog class to do this: JsDoc Reference - finesse.restservices.Dialog

where the action is DROP: JsDoc Reference - finesse.restservices.Dialog.Actions

I hope this helps.

Thanx,

Denise

I found it by looking at the start recording sample, and editing it...

_dialog.requestAction(user.getExtension(), finesse.restservices.Dialog.Actions.DROP);

Hello, 
But is it possible to DROP the a call if I am not answered yet? I tried other actions too, like REJECT, CLOSE and etc., but none of them are working if I not answered a call yet. So is it possible to reject incoming call through REST API? 

Hi,

No, it is not possible to DROP the call if it has not been answered. If you take a look at the dialog object when the call comes in, you will see that the only action the user can take is ANSWER.

Thanx,
Denise
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: