Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dynamic MOH for call

We are using ucce 8.0.2, cvp 8.0.1 and cucm 8.0.3. Client is asking different MOH for multiskilled agents say for example; An agent is a member of skill group A,B,C and D. Now if the agent recieve a call for his/her B skill group and put the caller on hold it should play the hold music set for B skill group and If its is C then the hold music should be for the C skill group. Moreover client is using IP Communicator.

Is there any way to configure this either from CUCM or UCCE scripts.

Thanks and Regards,

Ashfaque

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

My assumption would be that the hold button would be cutomized to retrieve the an IVR port based on call type or skill group.  Then when pressed, create a 3 way conference with an IVR port and mute the agent's line.  The retrieve button would release the conference.

david

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Hello,

No , it's not possible , when the call arrives to the agent and the agent places the call on hold , the system will determaine the MOH file from the extension configuration (Call manager) so there is no way to play with it.

Amer

Hi Amer,

Thanks for your quick reply. Actually as per me its not possible too but the problem is my client want this to be implemented and the Cisco team here is saying different thing. According to them through CTI customization it is possible i have no idea how they are saying this thing because music on hold is the function of the phone. Also by transfering to IVR different music can be provided but in that case agent will be released from that call as well as there is no garanttee that the call will come back to same agent again.

Any one have any idea or solid document that describes that it is not possible.

Thanks,

Ashfaque

So, it's not possible out of the box like it was mentioned, but you could customize the CTIOS desktop to transfer a call to an IVR for hold treatment.  This would cause your IVR port utilization to go through the roof, but it could work.

david

Hi David,

Thanks for the clue. Can you please give me more deatils like if I customize the CTI client desktop hold button and send hold call to IVR (which is very much possible, also I think depending on the ECC data playing exact media will be possible too) then how will the agent retrive the call from the IVR.

Thanks

Ashfaque

My assumption would be that the hold button would be cutomized to retrieve the an IVR port based on call type or skill group.  Then when pressed, create a 3 way conference with an IVR port and mute the agent's line.  The retrieve button would release the conference.

david

Thanks David the information is really helpful

Thanks,

Ashfaque

Hi Ashfaque,

Is this a workable solution? Or there is a better way to do this?

Thanks!

-JT-

Hi Loh,

The solution which David provided was conceptually correct. But instead of doing the CTIOS customization we used CUBE (the solution of using CUBE is costly comapare to CTIOS/Finesse cutomization). Currently the site is on production for last two years.

The attached High-Level diagram shows where we used L3 switch to help separate VLANs to contain multicast traffic to its own subnet. Layer-3 port on L3 switch toward CVP/UCCE networks would have multicast disabled (no PIM configuration).

Here ISR2901 is running as CUBE (flow-through mode) and converts multicast from 239.1.1.100 to unicast for calls coming from ISR3945. ISR2901-1 is on VLAN A1 and ISR2901 is on VLAN A2.

ISR3945 is running as Voice Gateways and VXML Gateways. In our test case, we only leveraged them as our VXML gateways.

ISR28xx has been used to simulate as calls are coming from PSTN.

MoH server running in virtualized environment. Each of its VM would be on different VLAN and use VLAN tagging on its Ethernet port to separate VLAN A1 and VLAN A2. VM1 will be on VLAN A1 and VM2 will be on VLAN A2.

Call Flow:

1. Calls are coming from one of the analog phones through ISR28xx and Based on DNIS, calls would be routed out of its dial-peer voip to specific ISR2901. In this sample, if call is coming for DNIS XXXXXXXXX, then call would be routed to ISR2901-1. If call is coming for DNIS YYYYYYYYY, then call would be routed to ISR2901-2.

2. ISR2901 has bootstrap configuration to send SIP invite to CVP for further instruction.

3. CVP will get label back from ICM to send call back to VXML Gateway (ISR3945) to start playing welcome prompt.

4. Once caller is done in IVR and ready to talk to agent, CVP will instruct ISR2901 to transfer call to agent.

5. When agent put caller on hold, they will hear music from ISR2901.

Thanks,

Ashfaque

FYI. The new version v10 will provide out of the box function for this combining CVP + CUCM functionalities.