Views
Helpful
Replies

ECE 12.5

jackskid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is it possible to disable the "cc" field in ECE 12.5 version when replying to email. cc field should not be visible to the agents.

Can someone guide how to do that..

Regards,

Jackskid

17 Replies 17

It looks like you might be able to do what you want with the Restrict To, Cc, and Bcc Email Address Fields setting.

It is discussed here https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/enterprise_chat_email/enterprise_chat_email_12_5_1/Maintenance/Guide/ece125_userguide_administration_chat_email_for_pcce.pdf

Let us know if that solves your issue.

Hi Bill,

The problem is we are unable to find the Restrict To, Cc and Bcc settings as per the guide. Please find the screenshot attached.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Jackskid

I don't have access to a system to validate, but are you sure you're looking in the right place? That looks to be department level, vs. the setting in the guide that I see says it is under the Main Inbox Settings, have you checked under the mailbox itself vs the department or partition level?

Please find the attached screenshot as it is mentioning under "Department setting group". I also checked the mail box settings from the agent console and there is no option to disable the "cc' field.

In EIM there is an option from agent console to set it as Yes or No.

Waiting for your reply..

Hi, in your first screenshot, you only included a partial list of the Department settings. Can you post screenshots of all of them? Just curious if it is buried somewhere and/or if there are other settings you're not seeing.

Also, what are you logged in as (like sa or pa or some other user)?

Hi, attaching all the settings screenshot from Department setting group.

Using 'pa' to login

That is very strange. Even though it isn't mentioned in the release notes for it, do you know if you have ECE 12.5 ES1 installed? I mention it since the documentation title page, for that guide at least, specifically calls out ES1, not just the 12.5 portion. Again, unfortunately I don't have easy access to a 12.5 system at the moment.

ECE version is 12.5, didn't installed ES1.

Do you recommend to install ES1??

Well, all I can say is the document where we see that field noted specifically is labeled as ES1. Now, it looks like they have ES1 and ES2 out there for ECE 12.5, which address different defects based on the Readmes.

If it were me, and you need this feature, I'd see about doing ES1 and not ES2 and/or perhaps open a case with Cisco and specifically call this out as either a documentation defect (that this feature exists doesn't exist in the base version) or a defect if the feature doesn't appear at all, even if you go to ES1.

Hi, thank you for the inputs.

I will update you on the status.

Hi Jackskid, not sure if this is because of you, but today I saw a note that this is listed as a defect now.

Here it is

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvx70941?emailclick=CNSemail

Hi Bill, yes we have contacted Cisco and they said will report it as bug and they will be releasing the fix soon.

Hi Jackskid,

I see the overall topic is addressed here, but I did want to comment on this specific question. I would recommend that you always keep ECE on the latest released ES. ECE ES are always cumulative, and we address many defects in each one. Doing this ensures that your system has the latest fixes on it and helps to ensure the best performance. I'm glad to see you got the answer you were looking for.

Robert W. Rogier
Technical Consulting Engineer – Contact Center Enterprise
E2E Lead | Subject Matter Expert – ECE, CCMP, CCDM
Phone: +1 919 574 5993
Email: rorogier@cisco.com
Business Hours: 8AM to 5PM ET

Hi Robert,

Well noted and Thank you for the information.

Regards,

Jackson

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: