cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ECE Exception Queue

craftd2010
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way for admins to move ECE emails that routed to the default exception queue to an inbox they were originally intended for?

We are currently ECE version 11.6.

4 Replies 4

Hi,

Agents with the Administrator Role or the Supervisor Role can pick from the Default exception queue. And Admin can move all the Default exception queue to the main queue.

Default Exception Queue
By default, an exception queue is created in every department. Activities are routed to the exception queue when:
 There are no active inbound workflows in the department.
 A workflow faces an error while processing activities.
 The queue used in a workflow is made inactive. All the activities coming to the inactive queue are routed to
the exception queue.
 Emails are bounced back.
 A new_task_failure message is returned by Unified CCE.
 If a connection is lost with the Cisco routing system, for example, if the MR PIM machine temporarily shuts
down or restarts.

Ram.S

Regards,
Ram.S

Since CIM 9.x throught ECE 11.6 and 12.0 and possible it will be the same for 12.5 and 12.6, MR PIM usually started sooner than the router after restart/outage of ICM core and therefore ECE receive new task failure response and put all activities with substatus 4105 to DEQ. I often saw in the log that the router started only a few hundred of milliseconds after MR PIM. Fix is really easy, just add 3-5 seconds waiting node to the ICM script.

piyush aghera
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

Regarding first statement about who can pickup activity from Default Exception queue, I cant get supervisor to pick from Default exception queue.  Only Administrator role user can pick. Is this normal behavior or am I missing something ?  I have ECE 11.6 ES9.  How do I allow supervisors to pick activities from Default exception queue ?

EDIT: Supervisors can see Default Exception queue for version ECE 12.0 and above.

Thanks.

Blog

Piyush,

Correct. In 11.6, only agents who have the administrator role can pick from the default exception queue. That is normal behavior for the version you are on.