Helpful
Replies

ECE Feature Questions

Ahmed Adeyemi
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,
I would like to know if ECE 11.6 can achieve the following:

- Can a search be saved (In EIM when a user conducts a search, the search can be saved). But in looking at ECE 11.6 (ES5), i am unable to find this functionality there. Is this something that needs to be enabled somewhere and if where do you mind assisting?

- Grouping of emails based on related cases opened by the same person or organization. If someone sends a couple of email to the ECE about the same topic. Is it possible to group them together that way they are no multiple cases regarding the same request from the same customer?

- Disable ability to modify Due Date - When an email is received, in the activity details section, it lets you modify the due date. Is it possible to ensure the users (Call center users) are unable to modify the 'Due On" and "Due At"? If not, is it possible in ECE 11.6 to remove this from showing on the activity details?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

- Can a search be saved (In EIM when a user conducts a search, the search can be saved). But in looking at ECE 11.6 (ES5), i am unable to find this functionality there. Is this something that needs to be enabled somewhere and if where do you mind assisting?

This function has been broken for as long as I can remember. If you look at the Agent and Administrator roles, you can see that Saved Search - Create, Delete, and Edit are selected actions. Even if you log into ECE Lite Agent as an agent with the Administrator role, the search function is still not there. The funny thing is that in the release notes for version 12, it talks about editing your saved searches due to search operators changes.

- Grouping of emails based on related cases opened by the same person or organization. If someone sends a couple of email to the ECE about the same topic. Is it possible to group them together that way they are no multiple cases regarding the same request from the same customer?

You can group activities into cases. A lot of times, customers will group a chat and email from the same customer discussing the same topic.

- Disable ability to modify Due Date - When an email is received, in the activity details section, it lets you modify the due date. Is it possible to ensure the users (Call center users) are unable to modify the 'Due On" and "Due At"? If not, is it possible in ECE 11.6 to remove this from showing on the activity details?

Unfortunately you cannot. In fact, you cannot disable this in eGain Solve, let alone ECE. The Due Date/On is completely embedded in how this all works (priority routing, workflows, SLAs, etc..). You'd think they would allow Administrators to disable this for Agents, but that's not the case. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

This function has been broken for as long as I can remember. If you look at the Agent and Administrator roles, you can see that Saved Search - Create, Delete, and Edit are selected actions. Even if you log into ECE Lite Agent as an agent with the Administrator role, the search function is still not there. The funny thing is that in the release notes for version 12, it talks about editing your saved searches due to search operators changes.

You can group activities into cases. A lot of times, customers will group a chat and email from the same customer discussing the same topic.

Unfortunately you cannot. In fact, you cannot disable this in eGain Solve, let alone ECE. The Due Date/On is completely embedded in how this all works (priority routing, workflows, SLAs, etc..). You'd think they would allow Administrators to disable this for Agents, but that's not the case. 

Thanks for your response Omar, I have engaged in quite some discussions with eGain and every time i ask them for anything all i hear is that " its not working on 11.6 but we know it works on 12.0". But i don't trust all they say that's why i can't just upgrade the customer to 12.0.

If you don't mind me asking, how do you group activities into cases from an agent perspective? If i go into activity details, i see related cases but i don't see anywhere i can edit or group them together.