Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ECE Webchat with UCCE: send attachment from customer to agent

Regarding webchat ECE documentation states at several places that attachments can be exchanged between customer and agent. Has anyone used or found the option to send an attachment from the customer to the agent? Do I maybe need a custom template to do this? I'm using the default templates provided by ECE, but I cannot find the option to upload or send a file to the agent from the webchat.

Sending a file from the agent to the customer works fine once enabled.

I'm running UCCE 11.6 with ECE 11.6 and I want to send an attachment from either a browser on the PC or from the browser on my mobile client. No apps involved here (yet).

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards, Martijn

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You need to make two setting changes...

Go to the Administration console and navigate to Partition > Security > Attachments ... click on the Chat tab and enable attachments. Screen shot attached as Capture1

While still in the Administration console, navigate to Departments > Workflow > Queues. Select the queue that you would like to enable agent/customer attachments... click on the Chat tab, select Options and there you will see a setting for "Enable chat attachments for agents and customers" Screen shot attached as Capture2

From a customers perspective, they will have a paper clip icon on the right side of the chat reply window. Screen shot attached as Capture3

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

Please view the attached PDF

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

Did you enable attachments from PartitionID 1? Administration > Partition > Security > Attachments ? You should be able to go the Chat tab and enable attachments for agents and customers. Once enabled, this will be reflected on the Chat queue

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I did enable this setting, but it enabled sending attachments for the agent only. Sending an attachment from agent to customer works fine. However, in the chat window on the website, which is being used by the customer, I don't see any file upload option.

I believe it's the same for the PDF you shared, it only shows sending an attachment from agent to customer. I'm actually looking for the other way around, I want to send an attachment from the customer to the agent.

For example, a customer is chatting with an agent. During the conversation the agent requests the customer to send a photo of the object they are talking about. The customer then should be able to take a photo and send it to the agent via the chat.

Thanks again.

You need to make two setting changes...

Go to the Administration console and navigate to Partition > Security > Attachments ... click on the Chat tab and enable attachments. Screen shot attached as Capture1

While still in the Administration console, navigate to Departments > Workflow > Queues. Select the queue that you would like to enable agent/customer attachments... click on the Chat tab, select Options and there you will see a setting for "Enable chat attachments for agents and customers" Screen shot attached as Capture2

From a customers perspective, they will have a paper clip icon on the right side of the chat reply window. Screen shot attached as Capture3

Thanks you, Omar. This enabled the option to send attachments for customers!