cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

eGain and UCCE Routing

tthottin1
Level 1
Level 1

I have eGain integrated with UCCE and UCCE does the routing. Iam facing problem with Email, that is emails are send to UCCE queue properly and it is routing to eGain exception queue after 4 hours when no agents available. I have set the wait time on the script as 72 Hours, on Media Class and MRD it is set as 74 and 73 hours respectively. Max queue wait time on the router registry is 3600. Please advise how i can resolve this issue.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have no further recommendations other than what you've already done. I'm confident that it'll be resolved. Hope all works well!

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight
Can you post a screen shot of the routing script, Media Class and MRD settings?

Hi Omar,

Thanks for your reply, the Max Time in Queue was not set on the MRD. I have set it now and waiting to see any change in the behavior. Appreciate if you can provide your feedback.

Having the Max Duration setting set to your desired time limit (e.g., 259,200 seconds) within the EGAIN_EMAIL Media Class should be all that you need. Let us know how it works out for you.

Hi Omar ,

Thanks , looks to be working fine after set the value . I am monitoring it now and will update here . Hope other parameters are fine and do you have any recceomendation

I have no further recommendations other than what you've already done. I'm confident that it'll be resolved. Hope all works well!

Interesting. I always thought that the max queue time in the registry of the Router was the overall envelope.

So I would typically do (for example)

Registry setting = 74hrs > MRD max time in queue = 73 hrs > wait in script = 72 hrs

When the wait node ended, Cancel queuing. In some systems (like Bucher and Suter) you can return a timeout label and it will reroute it.

If something went wonky in the script the MRD would end it an hour later. And if something went really wonky the router would end it an hour later than that.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi geoff,

This is working when i set the max queue time on MRD, its not required to change the router registry.

Best Regards,

Thanveer

@geoff wrote:

Registry setting = 74hrs > MRD max time in queue = 73 hrs > wait in script = 72 hrs

geoff, that seems like a logical process but it's something that I've never had to do for chat email whether it's eGain 4.x to 17.x, EIM/WIM or ECE. Perhaps you know the answer to this, but I've always wondered if that registry key is only applicable to the Cisco_Voice MRD?

The reg key would be nice to leverage if it worked on chat because the watchdog setting is ridiculously low... 350 seconds max in ECE and 660 seconds max in eGain, which does not make for a great customer experience in a time where chat is gaining on voice.

Hi Omar,

Its working fine now, thanks for your recommendation.

I have one more question if you can asnwer. Is there a way we can route the email from default exception queue to integrated queue ( UCCE Queue ). I have tried this and below are my experience.

1. Default exception queue is visible only to the Local eGain user, integrated users unable to view this queue.

2. Local eGain user can pick the emails from default exception queue, but unable to transfer to integrated queue as unable to view the integrated queue for the local eGain user.

I have good volume of emails, wanted to have some solution if the emails route to default exception queue for any reason.

@tthottin1

If you want integrated agents to pick from the default exception queue, they need to have the administrator role. For the local user, they will not see the queues because they're not part of that MRD, so the best solution I can really give you is to pick all the emails and use the Redirect function to redirect the emails to the correct email address by using the Send and Complete option. By using redirect, you'll complete the Case in the eGain and force it to create a new one.

The best thing to really do is control how activities go the exception queue in the first place. I've had customers to fed up with the false-positives that I removed all the exceptions and created an Alarm workflow that specifically searches for certain keywords and certain Activity Subtypes such as Email-Permanent Undeliverable OR Email-Permanent Temporary.

Thank you, it was great support from your side. Appreciate it.

Can you please provide a sample of alarm work flow i can configure, i have gone through the document but it will be helpful if i get a sample.

Also iam new to eGain and UCCE integration, relatively new on UCCE as well. Apart from Email, iam in the process of configuring Social and Web Chat, though for Social not appearing as great solution on eGain. Please provide your feedback.

Can i get in touch with you for any support on Social and Web Chat as well, if yes what would be the preferred medium for communication. Email or Cisco community portal. Please advise.

@tthottin1

Below is a sample Alarm Workflow.

Alarm_WF.PNG

Start Node: Select the Default exception queue

Alarm Notification: This condition is always going to be true

Object: Activity

Attribute: Activity Status

Operator: !=

Value: Completed

Boolean: AND

On the TRUE tab...

Action: Send

Object: Notification

Make sure you select an email address that actually goes to someone or to a distro list that people check. This will notify someone to pick from the Default exception queue.

Place two Queue Nodes in the workspace, one going to the Default exception queue and the other going to any queue you want the email to default to. In my case, we're going to default to the Customer Care email queue.

Additionally, add a Modify Object Node. the rule for this will always be TRUE. You'll have to go into the True tab to modify this:

Name: Description

Type: Constant

Value: ROUTING_EXCEPTION (You can have this say whatever you want, but make it short)

Branch Node: We're going to do a True and Not True condition. Create a rule first

Attribute: Activity Subtype

Operator: ==

Value: Email-Permanent Undeliverable

Boolean: OR

Attribute: Activity Subtype

Operator: ==

Value: Email-Temporary Undeliverable

Boolean: AND

If TRUE, route to Default exception queue

If NOT TRUE, route to Customer Care email

In addition to this, you still have the actual Delivery Exceptions rules under Departments > Your_Department > Email > Delivery Exceptions. You can add/remove as you please.

I haven't worked with the Social product of eGain Solve, so I won't be much help there.

Hi Omar,

Hope you are doing good. Iam reaching out to you for one more question.

Iam trying to configure an Agent with both voice and chat with precision queue. Can you advise what is the way i can manage the privilege. For example, when there is both Chat and Voice interaction waiting oin the queue, i want the voice calls to be routed first even though chat wait time is more. Iam able to achieve this by giving big number ( say 20 ) on the PG node of Chat in the ICM script.

But what is the way if i want to manage this with respect to Agent. That is one agent having voice more priority than chat and other agent having chat with high priority than voice. Iam trying to achieve this with PQ attribute, but it doest work. Appreciate your help here 

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Great thread - nice to learn something.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: