Views
Helpful
Replies

EIM 4.3.1 - Length limit for email alias

lohjintiam
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

Is there a way to increase the length of the email address when creating the aliases? What we found is there's a 40 character limit for that field.

Thanks!

-JT-

3 Replies 3

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

You could create another Exchange mailbox and use a server rule in Exchange to forward the emails to the new inbox, and have EIM watch that alias. This works well.

Regards,

Geoff

FYI I'm using Lotus.

If I do this, how would the customer see my replies email address? The original email address or the new inbox address?

Also, (not too familiar with Exchange/Lotus) would it increase the storage as now 2 copies of the inbound email will be kept?

Thanks!

-JT-

JT,

You have me at a disadvantage as I only know Exchange with EIM.

A server rule in Exchange can copy and forward, or simply forward. In the latter, the original no longer exists in the first inbox. When the agent replies, EIM can use the original mailbox as the one to reply to. The EIM mailbox can be hidden from the customer.

Doing this provides lots of useful things. If you have a number of original targets you can collate them, or you can split emails based on server rules to different inboxes that EIM watches and easily route to queues based on aliases. Lots of options.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: