cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EIM 4.3(1) standalone in vmware initial screen.

I'm trying to play around with EIM and just can't get the server to come up.  Based on everything I've read it seems like it should be working, but when I bring up IE and go to http://server/default or http://server/system I get the message below:

Cisco Interaction Manager Error
Your request could not be served successfully, as there was an error connecting to the Application Server from the Web Server.

Possible reasons are:

Cisco Interaction Manager is being restarted
Cisco Interaction Manager has been stopped
Please try again later.

If the problem persists, please contact your Cisco Interaction Manager Administrator.

Any ideas?  Or if anyone has some notes on how to get EIM running on VMWare I would appreciate it, this is just kicking my butt.

Thank you,

david

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

matthewpage
Level 3
Level 3

Hi David

When you start the EIM service open task manager and keep an eye on the processes you should see lots of cmd and java processes starting up. EIM needs a lot of resource so you might find that the CPU flat lines and the services crash there for you just need to give it more resource. I have mine running in VMWare with 2GB of RAM I found any less and it just does not start. If you do not see the processes kicking off at all then there is probably an issue with the jboss/java setup. Your best bet is to check out the log:

C:\CIM\eService\logs

Just have a quick look through and past in any errors you see.

Matt

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

matthewpage
Level 3
Level 3

Hi David

When you start the EIM service open task manager and keep an eye on the processes you should see lots of cmd and java processes starting up. EIM needs a lot of resource so you might find that the CPU flat lines and the services crash there for you just need to give it more resource. I have mine running in VMWare with 2GB of RAM I found any less and it just does not start. If you do not see the processes kicking off at all then there is probably an issue with the jboss/java setup. Your best bet is to check out the log:

C:\CIM\eService\logs

Just have a quick look through and past in any errors you see.

Matt

Matt,

Thank you very much that did the trick, I'm now able to log in as pa.  Now I just need to figure out how to configure agents, workflows, emails, etc and I'm all set.   If there are any documents which you know are extremely useful for someone learning this on their own please let me know.

Thank you,

david

Great stuff. I am assuming you have the NFR kit or something? As you require a license to be able to do anything. If you have all that then you are good to go if you just want to run the product in standalone. Standalone is pretty boring so i am guessing you are going to want to integrate to UCCE. If so then you need to follow the deployment guide below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/cisco_interaction_manager/cim_43/user/guide/cisco_im431_cce_deploymentguide.pdf

This guide tells you exactly what you need to configure to get EIM integrated. There are some redundant configuration but if it is your first time it is best just to follow the complete guide. Once you have done it a couple of times your work out the redundant stuff. Once you have done the UCCE configuration you can then run the EIM integration guide.

Hope that helps. Let us know if you have any issues.

Thanks,

Matt

Matt,

Yes, I have the NFR kit.  Right now I'm just trying to get familiar with the standalone product before going into the ICM integration.

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: