Views
Helpful
Replies

EIM 4.3.1 - Supervisor unable to view agents or queues

matthewpage
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All

I am sure this is a easy one but I cannot remember how to fix this. When i log into the reporting console as a supervisor i am unable to see any agents or queues. The only agent I can see is myself.

If i log into the reporting console as a admin i can see all the agents and all the queues.

Any ideas how i fix this one?

Thanks,

Matt

3 Replies 3

matthewpage
Level 3
Level 3

Any one have any ideas why this wouldnt work?

Matt

This issue is being worked within a Cisco TAC Service Request.

The description of this behavior is a known defect; CSCti70977

This defect has the following details attached;

DEFECT ID : CSCti70977
DEFECT TITLE : Supervisor unable to run reports for users due to permissions issues
Version: CIM 4.3.1 ES1 and ES3 (integrated with ICM)

DESCRIPTION: Supervisor unable to run reports for users because he cannot see the list of agents to run the report against.

In order for supervisor to see the list of agents to run the report against, supervisor needs to have permissions to view those agents.  However, we are unable to set the permissions (unable to view User objects) because the permissions tab does not give us option to set permissions in the integrated environment.

Where to set the permission:

Department > Department name > User > Users > select the supervisor user > permissions tab > users > click "view" for all the users you want supervisor to have view access to.   You will have to do this for each user.

In order to give access to a group of users, go to:
Department > Department name > User > Users > select the supervisor user > permissions tab > user groups > click "view" for the group of users you want supervisor to have view access to. 

Note: standalone environment does allow us to set the permissions.  Problem is only with integrated environment.

DEFECT PUBLISHED RELEASE NOTE:
Symptom: Supervisor unable to run reports for integrated users

Conditions: Supervisor is unable to run reports for uesr only with integrated environment. Standalone environment does allow allow the supervisor to set the permissions and hence run the reports.

Workaround: Use Partition Administrator user to report on integrated agents.

Further Problem Description: If the supervisor needs to see the list of agents to run the report against, supervisor needs to have permissions to view those agents.  However, the supervisor is unable to set the permissions (unable to view User objects) because the permissions tab does not provide an option to set permissions in the integrated environment.

I have been testing the work around and it doesn't seem to be working correct.

1. When you run the agent reports as the non integrated supervisor you are not able for some reason to see all the agents in the department.

2. You are not able to view any workflow/SLA reports that are based around queues. When you try to select the queues you want to view it does not list any.

Is there any thing else you need to do to be able to see the queues? Obviously the queues are integrated ones.

If not i dont see how this can be a work around?

Matt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: