Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EIM 4.3 - Email Too Large

In Email Manager, if an email was too large, the email was left on the exchange server, however the subject and some form of notification was still sent to the queue so that the agent would know there should have been an attachment.

Does anyone know if EIM has a setting for this? As far as I can tell, you can just notify a particular email address(s) that a large email has been sent, but you can't actually send a notification into the queue itself. Based on the alarm email, you can't even match this up to a case, or an agent for the supervisor to even know why this email is there.

...I do realize I can set the size limit larger.

Thanks

Barry

1 Reply 1

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Understood.

We have a similar situation and have been thinking about the correct approach.

The best way, in my opinion, is if EIM matches the Exchange setting. When a customer sends in an email larger than the limit Exchange has (global) they get advised that they have exceeded the ability of that email system. If EIM cannot take the same sized email, they are, as you say left on the server - in the mailbox.

I did not know about the notification bit.

On the one hand, if EIM's limit matches the Exchange limit (at this customer it is 10MB) then EIM's file storage is going to fill up faster, mainly due to  spam - the big emails customers get are often spam.

On the other hand, a really big multi-page fax order for a lot of product better come through or the customer will me much annoyed. $$$ are involved.

Regards,

Geoff