Views
Helpful
Replies

EIM 4.41 - Email From Address

brendan.garry
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am wondering if there is a supported method of modifying the customers Email From Address in a Wordkflow Node?

We have a customer who has a Webform which generates an email to EIM however the From Address for all customer emails is a sngle internal email as the Web Forn cannot use the customer actual Email address to generate the email.

The customers actual email address in containned in the body of the email but the only way I can see of modifying the From Address is by using the Create Object Node whcih would mean I have to complete the orginal activity and create a new one essentially.

Regards,

Brendan

4 Replies 4

sandeep chauhan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Brendan,

yes you can change the From Address. you can put filters around your requirement and then transform that filtered out to whatever you want. Below is a amall snippet of what you can try.

Regards

Sandeep

Sandeep

Hi Sandeep,

I'm not sure how you have achieved this using the above Workflow, Can you please elaborate?

The Modify Object node (SetToAddress) as shown above only allows you to modify the email Content or Subject? and the final 'ResetToAddress' node is a Custom Rule which would not specifically exist on my deployment.

Regards,

Brendan

Modify object node cannot modify the from address. Using Create object and completing old email is the only way within application. I think this can more easily sorted at web form level from where email is created. You can configure web form to use from address as the value in that feild. Make sure that activity sub status while creating object is kept as ready for general workflow and in general workflow design the logic whatever you want to use. If ready for outbound workflow is used and same TO email address is used as incoming alias then it will go in infinite loop

Thanks Ravindra,

I had already set this scenario up in the lab and used the CreateObject Node with sucess. I will also need to create a Query Link to extract the original email content for the Activity from the Database and use a Macro to insert this as the content for the CreateObject Node.

You are correct that this should be addressed from the Webform and it would appear to be a serious limitation if the Webform cannot provide the appropriate email From Address.

Regards,

Brendan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: