Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EIM-> Unable to send email out

hi 

we have provide EIM feature to one of our customer. The issue is not unable to dispatch the email. Receive ok no issue. if i restart dispatch service able to send out email but in few mins the problem is still persist. as checked from dx logs stated 554 5.2.0 error. anyone knows why we having this problem. 

12 Replies 12

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

attach the log file

Hi 

attached is the log file. TQ

This could be a couple things...

1. You need to whitelist the hostname/IP addresses of ECE servers so that O365 does not reject it
  2. The credentials you're using for the email alias are incorrect as evident of this piece in the log "Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM"
  3. Your FROM address is blank

And since this is O365, you can only use SSL for Incoming and Outgoing mail... either way, this is not an issue with EIM. O365 has been known to give headaches to EIM/ECE/eGain administrators

TQ Omar for the update

our customer report to us where there are duplicate email is being generated in EIM for incoming and outgoing. We had checked with Microsoft engineer seems EIM integrate with 0365 at exchange for incoming (IMAP) and outgoing (SMTP)but Microsoft  has revert their finding  no issue at exchange or web mail as no duplicate generated by 0365 and claiming this is more on EIM. How do we check on this, appreciate if any one could advise.  

Problem description

1) More than 10 emails for 1 customer

2) Same agent received the repeated email after send out from EIM

3) Received email from customer more than 1 from the same subject but have different case id.

Action taken from our end

Checked server status no issue identified

Check service status no issue identified seems RX and DX are running fine

Based on task manager utilization is low and no any obvious behavior identified (virus attack)

Check DB status no issue encounter seems able connect to DB and run the query

Perform global restart by kill all java process but issue is still persist

Check the UCCE integration with EIM component no changes configuration as EIM agent is able to login and extract report from CUIC but duplicate case is still exist

No network connectivity issue as already verified on port and EIM relay IP with 0365 office

Hi, 

Is the issue still happening?. We have faced this recently and cisco found out this was due to mailbox was full in capacity that time. Can you check that once?

Thank you for your reply. can advise further how to check the mailbox was full in capacity that time? is it at exchange side or any logs indicate in EIM?

Hi,

>From exchange, kindly check the mail box capacity

thank you, i will check with exchange team. meantime did cisco share with you any logs from EIM indicate that error was related to capacity mailbox full

I have already checked exchange team informed mailbox capacity still under threshold 

What version of EIM is this?

thank youu. The version is 11.3.6. But now no issue on outgoing email from EIM. The issue is right now retrieve email is very slow and incoming email is duplicated. I have restarted the RX service from the console but the issue still persist, for example if customer send an email on 8th July 2019 to exchange mail, in EIM received on 12th July 2019. I have done troubleshooting no issue on network layer port is open. Is there any thing else need to check?