cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EIM - 'New' button on the Inbox list pane is greyed out.

richardbg
Level 1
Level 1

I have had some problems with creating a new activity as an agent in EIM. This is for a new installation of Cisco EIM/WIM 4.3(1) integrated with UCCE 7.5.

I have raised this with Cisco TAC. But they are still investigating.

When I login as an integrated IPTA agent the 'New' button on the Inbox list pane is greyed out. Clicking on it does nothing. I am unable to create a new activity for an integrated user. There is no indication as to why it is not available. Receiving and replying to new inbound emails work fine.

However when I login as a standalone agent the 'new' button is available in the Inbox list pane. And clicking on it works as expected.

Should an integrated agent be able to create a new outbound email (activity) without replying to an existing one?

Thanks,

Richard

6 Replies 6

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Creating a new activity by an integrated agent is possible.

1. create an outbound MRD

2. assign a skill group to the MRD (no route required)

3. give the agent the skill

4. create an additional Application_Path_List member on the new MRD

Use the function keys as mentioned in the Tools Guide. F2, F3, F4 - create new activity for the current case, create new activity for a new case, create a new activity with no case. (Tools Guide, page 37)

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for the guideline. Its really helpful. I tried to follow your guideline but when I press F2 CIM gives a message that the agent is not logged into an outbound MRD though the agent is a member of outbound email skillgroup. Perhaps I missed some thing in the configuration. Please check the attached configuration screenshot and help me to solve this issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Ashfaque

Hello Ashfaque,

You didn't include a screen shot of your Queues.  I an integrated deployment you need to configure a Queue for outbound in order to map the MRD.  You will also need to assign a Concurrent Task Limit for this queue as well for groups / agents that you map to it.

Looks to me as though everything else is configured properly.

Instrictions for creating an Integrated Queue can be found in this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/cisco_interaction_manager/cim_43/user/guide/cisco_im431_cce_userguide_administration_workflow.pdf

Page 24, "Creating Integrated Queues".

This should solve your issue.  If you still have questions or problems re-post and I will be happy to assist.

Thanks,

Kim

Hi Geoff,

I solved the issue. Actually the queue with outbound MRD was missing. I just created a new queue in the CIM with outbound MRD now F2 and F3 is working. Thanks again for the guideline.

Thanks and Regards,

Ashfaque.

kimv
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Richard,

The behavior you have described within the Agent UI for CIM Release 4.3(1) and above is correct, expected behavior.

The button for New Activity is greyed out by design for all integrated users.  Users will need to use the function keys for creating new eMail activities.  F2 or F3 for new outbound activities for integrated users.  The F4 function key will not work for Integrated users as that is for "Outbound Activity for Current Case" which is not used for integrated users.  Rather new emails for new cases should be used in that instance.

Product is working as designed, you can test this with your integrated users by having them utilize the Function Keys [F2] and [F3] for creating outbound activities.

Reply if you have any additional questions and I'll be happy to clarify,
Regards,
Kim

Kim,

Thanks for the update on F4. I did not know that was inoperable.

Regards,

Geoff