Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EIM WIM to ECE alias cutover

Dear All,

Installed Cisco ECE 12.5.1 tested Chat & Email is working fine as expected.

Currently, all the agents are using EIM/WIM  and the same alias will be moved to ECE instance.

If I move EIM alias to ECE what will happen the old email open cases and activities.

Please advise!

Ram.S

Regards,
Ram.S
6 Replies 6

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

Anything and everything related to EIM/WIM will not transition over to ECE. If you want to keep your historical data, you'll need to keep those servers up and running. If you want to migrate that data, you'll need professional services from eGain. Hope your customer has deep pockets for that.

This would also apply if you were going EIM/WIM to eGain or eGain to ECE or ECE to eGain...

Thank you Omar,

So EIM/WIM and ECE will run as a separate instance. And EIM WIM open cases can’t be handled in ECE for Cisco standard deployment?

What I will do for this case will create a new alias for ECE instance. And I will ask the exchange team to push EIM/WIM new emails to ECE alias.

For a few weeks, an agent can access both the instance and open cases will handle by EIM WIM and a new case will be handled by ECE.

Once all the opens case is closed in EIM WIM I can shut down this instance.

Is this approach is correct or can you suggest any best way to achieve?

Ram.S

Regards,
Ram.S

Replied you in SR, you opened.

You can stop retriever service on EIM and leave few agents to close all activities on EIM side.
ECE will be handling all new replies from CU for the emails and will assign them to the new agents.

You can basically do the following:

1. STOP ECE
2. On EIM stop retriever service
3. Login agents and ask them to reply to all emails and close all cases.
4. STOP EIM
5. Start ECE
6. Login agents to ECE
7. Handle all new activities

Regards,
Kostia

Thanks, Kostia and All,

Configured ECE XML to finesse Desktop layout and working for Agent.xml gadget. But Solve and cobrowse gadgets are not opening and trying to loading.

I guess it's optional in ECE, customer need to buy separately from egain through cisco if needed and it's not available for free like chat and email. Please confirm how to use solve and cobrowse gadget.

agent.xml
solve.xml
cobrowse.xml

Ram.S

Regards,
Ram.S

I think you answered your own question, you will have to engage eGain Solutions Plus as some of the features are not part of the main ECE product.

Here's a defect for instance that mentions how cobrowse isn't supported in it natively.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvj22356/?rfs=iqvred

eGain isnt going to give the keys to the kingdom away. Solve (knowledge base) and Co-browse are part of what make the eGain product unique. Your customer will need to purchase those add-ons if they wish to use them - they are also cloud only, so you'll need a pair of servers functioning as connectors.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: