cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Embedded 3rd party gadget UCCX application

jdickinson
Level 5
Level 5

I have a uccx 3rd party gadget. Currently it's running angular2 with rx/js subscription capabilities.

Item1: I would like to monitor a rest service for the purpose of pulling an incoming call the logged in user may receive.

Item2: I would like that when the user hangs up and dispositions the call or Wrap-Up reason I will be adding the reason to our internal database, but also on the same event want to add the reason to the finesse server for reporting.  What peace of the system do I need to be looking at to make that work?

thanks,

Joe

3 Replies 3

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Joe,

For #1 Take a look at the ScreenPopSampleGadget as an example on how to subscribe to all of the logged in user's calls.

For #2, I am not sure what exactly you are looking for. Are you trying to figure out how to get the wrap up reason that user selected? or how to add it to your internal database? The wrap up reason is automatically saved for reporting on the Finesse server.

Thanx,

Denise

I have seen the pop sample gadget. I don't understand how that will help with my current embedded gadget.

for #2  When the wrap up is complete, I need to kill 2 birds. I need to update our internal systems with the reason code. I had expected that my gadget would send the wrap-up code results to the finesse web-api service and to our internal web-service as well. It matters not to me how it gets done, but the message needs to be sent to both places.

The screen pop sample gadget has the functionality to get the dialogs for the user and get all of the call events. You had said "I would like to monitor a rest service for the purpose of pulling an incoming call the logged in user may receive.". The screen pop sample gadget has this ability already.

If the wrap up reasons is being set via the existing call control gadget, that gadget will handle sending to to Finesse (and reporting) already. In your gadget, you just need to watch the call events (same as above) and see if there is a change to the wrapUpReason tag: https://developer.cisco.com/media/finesseDevGuide4.1/CFIN_RF_D91DEB3D_00_dialog-update-call-variable-data.html

Thanx,

Denise