Views
Helpful
Replies

Embedded web app gadget connecting to CRM

eliegerges
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I have an embedded web app gadget that will connect me to a database server (CRM) and opens its web interface after i enter my username and  password (see image 1 below)

The problem is the following :

In my first attempt to login and at the moment i press the Login button the credentials i entered will disappear and the CRM web page will never open

In my second attempt (see image 2 below) it is telling me that i am already logged in, so logically in my first attempt the connection with database server was established but the page was never appearing, thats why i am already logged in.

Your help is very appreciated

Thank you

c1.PNG

c2.PNG

8 Replies 8

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Elie,

The embedded gadget is just loading the page in an iframe. Theoretically it shouldn't be causing this behavior. Can you open the developer tools and take a look at what happens when you click the Login button the first time around? Are there any errors? Maybe the CRM web page doesn't allow its page to be embedded in an iframe.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

It is giving me the following error :

SEC7111: HTTPS security is compromised by http://.... (note that mixed mode is enabled on IE11)

Thank you

Elie

there is no other way to open CRM web page inside a gadget without being loaded inside an iframe ??

Hi,

I assume the url that it is compromised by is a CRM url. Mixed mode enabled should avoid that. I did some google searching and for someone, it turned out to be a document.write(...): internet explorer - HTTPS security is compromised error. How to fix? - Stack Overflow

Can you send me the client logs and I can take a look further.

If you want the CRM page to be within the gadget, then it must be in an iframe.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise,

I forgot to tell you that CRM url is an HTTP one and not HTTPS, does this might be the problem i am facing ?

Concerning document.write(" ") : i did not find it in the javascript document in my EmbeddedWebApp folder.

Thank youu

Elie

Since you are using UCCX and therefore using the https Finesse desktop, if the CRM is HTTP, it is definitely mixed mode. You had said that enabled mixed mode, so that usually does the trick. But ultimately it is up to the browser to allow or disallow it. Have you tried using firefox? It would be a good test to see if it is limited to IE.

sslominski
Level 4
Level 4

hey Team,

we are having quite similar problems with our EmbeddedWebApp and integrated SAP CRM hosted by HTTP.

Reducing browser-security to allow non-secure content brings us some steps further but we are still facing:

* most links are not clickable

* expected popups do not come up

* links that have a file-target, that is used to download and open external application, do not work... the file is not downloaded but ASCII displayed inside EmbeddedWebApp

It doesn't matter which browser we use, IE FF or Chrome.

Is this a general problem with integrating non-secure Web-Content or is there a chance to troubleshoot this?

Thanks for your estimations and feedback!

BR Stefan

Hi BR Stefan,

The Finesse EmbeddedWebApp gadget is just loading a webpage in an iframe. To see if the issue is related to Finesse, create a simple HTML page (hosted where it is secure) and load your url in an iframe. If you are running into the same issues there, then it is a restriction from either your webpage or the browser.

Thanx,

Denise