Helpful
Replies

EMSMON - FormatMessage for message ID xxxxxxxx failed

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

I cannot get emsmon to work.

It connects to the process OK, but all I get back is HEX output, which is of little help to me!

The error message states:

EMSFormatMessage failed: EMS Error. Format Messsage for message id 21010003 failed.

GetLastError() returned 1015

I am using the following command where icm = instance name:

emsmon icm pg1a pim1

Anyone else have this issue?

Anyone know what I need to do to correct?

version Info:

UCCE 8.5.3 on W2008R2

Hopefully,

Gerry           

7 Replies 7

spaulin
Level 1
Level 1

I've never seen EMSMon, so cannot comment on it directly, but in the past I've seen this message when just running dumplog from a machine with an incompatible version of the icrmsgs.dll file.

So that might be a 'hint' and get you in the right direction.

HI,

I have also seen a similar issue with dumplog when used from 'non' ICM machine.

But in this case I am running EMSMON from the ICM PG server itself.

So I think I am missing something.... . Anyone who has emsmon working - do you have any ideas?

Gerry

As was mentioned in other post - installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=5555) microsoft libraries to problem UCCE host.

(32 version, 64 dont work even on 64bit host) Works fine for me.

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

I opened a TAC case on this issue.

It appears that this issue is a undocumented bug. There is currently a 'workaround' to change the W2008R2 server local to United States (English) and reboot, but this is not a workaround for most non US customers.

I am waiting on hopefully a bug ID and hopefully either a fix or a different workaround.

Gerry

Gerry,

Does the en-uk locale work ? Rather than en-ie?

Jason

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Jason,

I don't know, I have not yet tested. But I doubt it. TAC engineer from brussels also had the same issue, although his server I am not in en-UK location.

But there is a better workaround see below.

Run it remotely using the following approch:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/ipcc_enterprise/ipccenterprise8_5_1/configuration/guide/icm85srvg.pdf

10.7.3 Running EMSMON Remotely

To reserve system resources for Unified CCE processes, it is recommended that you run the EMSMON client on a remote machine that does not host Unified CCE processes. For example, it is not recommended that you run the EMSMON client on side A of a PG and connect it to a process on side B of a PG.

To run EMSMON on a remote machine, copy emsmon.exe, emsmon.pdb, and icrmessages.dll from c:\icm\bin and place them on a remote machine.

Gerry

100rel
Level 1
Level 1
Were you able to resolve the problem?
I observed that this error is resolved when the default language is set to English(United States), whereas if it is English(Canada) then the error is observed.
To check the default language, you can follow the below path:
Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region > Change date, time, or number formats > Formats tab > Format dropdown.