Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

****Enable Finesse on 10.6****

Morning Gents,

I am planning to migrate to 11.6 in a few weeks from now... I have already did the upgrade in lab environment, got come IP communicator phone registered and can receive calls from the Queues, can login to the finesse as well.

Knowing 10.6 can run in hydrid, been using CAD and supervisor agent, I would like to enable finesse in 10.6 to have a preview in Live network and to write docs for Agents as well.

Cisco doc. mentioned, finesse should be enable with the following command: utils uccx finesse activate. Upon issuing this command, the server will be rebooted.

My question is beside a reboot, since I will doing this in prod, would there be any other gotchas that I should be worried about? In case I am having issue, will DEACTIVATE finesse, will take the system back to the previous state? I assume so, but worth to ask!

Thanks,

5 Replies 5

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Two gotchas that I can think of:

1) Finesse in 10.6 is very basic and will not give you the full Finesse experience that you'll get when fully on Finesse in 11.6. The transition period Cisco has allowed us to use is nice if you're moving over to Finesse within 10.6. However, using it as a stepping stone to get to 11.6 is not a good idea for the reasons I've stated.

2) Finesse relies on browser functionality and web certificates heavily. Make sure to use the correct support browsers, no compatibility view in IE, and create a chain of trust so users are not clicking through a bunch of warnings.

Thanks Anthony, will keep that in mind.

As you aren't mentioned any issue on ENABLE the feature;therefore, I am assume when the server comes back online after reboot, I should not have any issue beside browser compatibility and certs, right?

Thanks,

Sorry that I didn't comment on that, but no, there are no issues to existing functionality when enabling Finesse. My comments were specific to Finesse. What version of 10.6 are you running?

Hi Anthony,

As per below, I am running 10.6.1.10000-39

admin:show version active
Active Master Version: 10.6.1.10000-39
Active Version Installed Software Options:
ciscouccx.refresh_upgrade_v1.7.cop

From the lab upgrade, I know that I don't need a cop file.

Do you know that you need to upgrade to SU1 in order to run Finesse and CAD in mixed mode?

"Upgrade to Unified CCX 10.6(1)SU1 or later on 10.6 train for CAD and Cisco Finesse Mixed Mode Support."
Source: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_10_6/design/guide/UCCX_BK_CBB99111_00_cisco-unified-contact-center-express/UCCX_BK_CBB99111_00_cisco-unified-contact-center-express_appendix_0111.html#UCCX_RF...
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: