Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enabling UCCX miss call Trigger

Hi, 

We want to implement a hotline number, so that customers can call this number, and leave a miss call (without call charges). Upon receiving a miss call, we have to obtain the caller ID, and send account balance sms to that number, real time.

If we can obtain miss calls placed for this trigger, in real time, we can send SMS via a SMS gateway. What I don't know is how to allow customers to place miss calls on a UCCX trigger and obtain their caller IDs. Usually UCCX application starts processing a call by answering it.

Any help, or lead would be much appreciated. 

20 Replies 20

Hi Marek, 

You mean under call routing response, use the deny value ? 

decision-value

This is the decision of the policy evaluation. It takes one of the following values:

•Deny—The requested call is denied.

Yes, that'll be a very neat solution, if WebService itself can request CUCM to terminate the call. Will have to try that. 

Thanks for the great info !! It really helps !

Deny is one of the options.

Alternatively, you can send back a response to CUCM for every ECCP REST Call, which will instruct CUCM to reject the call (as one of the options available in CIXML Parameters)

Here is the response content to CUCM:

<?xml encoding="UTF-8" version="1.0"?> 
<Response> 
    <Result>
        <Decision>Permit</Decision> 
        <Obligations> 
            <Obligation FulfillOn="Permit" obligationId="continue.simple"> 
                <AttributeAssignment AttributeId="Policy:continue.simple"> 
                    <AttributeValue DataType="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"> 
                        &lt;cixml version="1.0&gt;
                            &lt;reject&gt;&lt;/reject&gt; 
                        &lt;/cixml&gt; 
                    </AttributeValue> 
                </AttributeAssignment> 
            </Obligation> 
        </Obligations> 
    </Result>
</Response>

Marek
Web: https://gaman-gt.com

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I like Marek's idea of the ECCP, but I also was thinking: you can process a call with a UCCX script and not answer it. I just don't know what limitations might exist, because I've never needed to work on that before. Try it yourself. Simply omit the Accept step from your script and try to do things like Get Call Contact Info.

Hi Antony, 

Thanks for the idea. If a ccx script is involved, when the script starts execution, once "Accept(--Triggering Contact--)" step in reached, call is getting answered. I tried what will happen if no Accept step is not included, (included a Call terminate step) but that gives an error to caller.

I assume by "you can process a call with a UCCX script and not answer it", you meant not to include "Accept" step in the script, is it ? 

Thank you very much. 

Yes, that is what I meant. I wonder which step gave the error, but anyway. Are you try to kill the call quietly without anything playing to the caller?

Hi Anthony, 

Yes, that's the customer organization's requirement. To give any greeting or response, the call should be accepted by UCCX and that will answer the call and charge caller. Actually that was our inital approach too, so that will allow us to easily invoke a scrip, capture caller ID, make some API calls, while greeting caller and informing their requested details will arrive shortly to called number. 

But customer organization wanted to keep the whole process as a non chargeable thing to their callers and did not want any greetings to be played. They wanted it to be quick and non chargeable for their callers.

Thanks !