cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enterprise Server Subsystem in out of service

Live2 Bicycle
Level 3
Level 3

I have UCX running in a failover scenerio.  The primary server is fine.  The secondary server has the Enterprise Server Subsystem out of service.

I looked through the MIVR log and saw the [LDAP: error code 49 - Invalid Credentials].  I retyped in the passwords for the AXL service provider and the UCM Telephony Subsys.  Still was not able to start the sub sys.

I verified I had the passwords correct by adding the UCM app users to the UCM standard end user group and then logged in to the UCM end user page.

Attached is the excerpts from the MIVR log.

Thanks in advance for any direction.

Del

4 Replies 4

Hello Del,

Are you using the CCM Administrator account?

If not , make sure you add the Standard AXL API Access role to the application user.

Nope, I am not using the CCM admin account.  I created a seperate application user just for Express.  The express app user does have the correct user rights per the SRND guide which includes the Standard AXL API Access role.

This has been running with out any issues for over a year now.  Not sure what happend to casue this sub sys to go in to partial.  I even tried a good ole reboot of the server last night but it did not resolve my issue.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

Del

Hello Del,

This problem happened with me once on UCCX 7.0 , i tried everything and nothing worked.

I asked the customer for a 1 hour manitaince window , i restarted the primary and secondary servers subsequent , it could not be the answer or the solution but it would not hurt , just don't panic when you restart the primary and when it goes up , you will find some of the services will not work until you restart the secondary server.

Best luck

Amer

So I opened a TAC case on this back in Dec as well.

What TAC figured out was some of the replication was not working.  My setup is express 7.x with HA.

The SQL portion was working perfectly.  Scripts and prompts were replicating correctly.

TAC had me go to C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\bin and run LdapUtil /CHECKREPL  on both servers.  Both servers reported they were standalone.  TAC then had me try to cancel the replication to clean up anything that may have been in a half state by running LdapUtil /C.

That gave an error after running for about a minute.

TAC then opened up CET and looked at key "com.cisco.crs.cluster.config.ClusterDependentConfig" This key had two entries, It looked like one for each server.  They then looked at DB Version for both servers.  They did not match.  They changed them to match and had me reboot the primary server then when it was fully online they had me reboot the secondary server.  Once it was fully online they have me run the LdapUtil /C again on the primary.  It completed this time.  They had me then run LdapUtil /C on the secondary.

Then back on the primary they had me run LdapUtil /S  after that completed on the primary they had me run that on the secondary.

One more reboot of the primary then the secondary and everthing was back in service.