Views
Helpful
Replies

Error in db_read & db_get

orochi_yagami
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm performing a script modification which the scripts involved the db_read and db_get.

I've configured the neccessary DB Resource Name, Data Source Name and Field selection.

When i performed a "Test", CCx returned the below result:

CCx_capture01.jpg

And, when i right-click on the db_get, the below error shown:

Please select a DB Resource Name.jpg

The CCx editor (8.0.5) is installed on a laptop, with remote connection to CCx server.

My question:

1. Do i have to establish a network connection to the respective SQL server (DSN) from the laptop that installed CCx for the test?

2. Is the entire script has to pass the SQL query test before upload to UCCx server? I was unable to change the information under the Field selection on db_read as it prompted for Database Name.

Can someone share some light on this?

Thanks

8 Replies 8

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1. No.  The connection only needs to exists from the UCCX server to the DB server.

2. No.  You can click OK without sending any SQL commands to the server.

Can you also screenshot your step properties?  The error is saying you have an undefined variable being referenced.  Also screenshot your variable pane.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Hi Anthony,

I think the error message indicated that i do not have the DSN specified.

I believe i need to refresh the Database schema, so that i can choose the DSN from the drop down list,

but as you said, we do not need a network connection for that, so how can i enter the DSN value?

The error msg pop out when i tried to refresh the database schema.

Thanks.

Then can you screenshot your database subsystem configuration?

Anthony Holloway

Hi Anthony,

The errors msg gone once the UCCx scripts editor has the connection to SQL server (DSN).

From there i did a Test and obtained a return with "1" then save the scripts with new value.

Then the script works flawless.

I'm glad you figured it out, but I can assure you that you do not need to have a DSN to the DB on your administrative machine, only the UCCX server.

Anthony Holloway

It has been my experience in the past, when editing an existing script on a new workstation where DB is involved, if I needed to modify anything in the DB steps I would get the same error, as the local script editor did not have the DB Source names.  For me I found that having connecting to the UCCX server from my admin workstation and doing a "Refresh Databse Schema" was all that was required.

I can confirm what Anthony is saying that the Administrative workstation did not need to have a direct connection to the DB.  It pulls the DB information from UCCX

d_pointer wrote:

I can confirm what Anthony is saying that the Administrative workstation did not need to have a direct connection to the DB.  It pulls the DB information from UCCX

Thank you.

Anthony Holloway

I am getting the same error. Though both sides of the UCCX shows DB config right and  test is successful

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: