Views
Helpful
Replies

Error while initialize AW-DB

Ritesh Desai
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi folks,

Am installing UCCE v11 solution. Deployed .ova template for Call Server (Router) and Data Server (Logger & AW-HDS).

• ICM installed on call server and data server.
  • SQL 2012 SP1 Standard installed on data server.
  • Router database and instance configured on call server.
  • After configuring database for Logger and AW-HDS on Data Server.
  • While initializing database post AW-HDS, it gives error "Pipe has been ended" and unable to proceed further. When I click on Configuration Manager, it says "Initialize local database"
  • Also, am logged in using domain administrator user.

Any suggestions?

Thanks...

regards,

Ritesh Desai

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ritesh,

Most of the files doesn't have any logs . From the uaw i could see the below message 

19:53:12:467 Dis-uaw Trace: Check your AD Domain to ensure that the user is in the required groups to perform this action
19:53:12:467 Dis-uaw Trace: This process will continue to restart until the user credentials are corrected and the user has the rights to perform its require tasks
19:53:12:467 Dis-uaw Trace: ICR Exception Error: Re-starting the process....
19:53:19:509 Dis-uaw Initializing Event Management System (EMS) library.

Can you check the below things.

1) Is Instance number proper

2) All IP's are reachable to each other

3) SQL is installed with default or named instance ? and what kind of authentication

4) And make sure user who is trying to start the service is having proper permissions, i remember previously due UAC issues , users were not able to this operation.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Ritesh Desai
Spotlight
Spotlight

System logged in with domain administrator account.

regards,

Ritesh Desai

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai

Can you attach Router, DBA, uaw,rts,rtc process logs. And is any antivirus enabled on the system which could block the connection.

Sasikumar,

no Antivirus is installed. Also, I have disabled firewall.

regards,

Ritesh Desai.

regards, Ritesh Desai

ok.. Can you attach the process logs. 

Hi Sasikumar,

Please find the attached logs.

regards, Ritesh Desai

Hi Ritesh,

Most of the files doesn't have any logs . From the uaw i could see the below message 

19:53:12:467 Dis-uaw Trace: Check your AD Domain to ensure that the user is in the required groups to perform this action
19:53:12:467 Dis-uaw Trace: This process will continue to restart until the user credentials are corrected and the user has the rights to perform its require tasks
19:53:12:467 Dis-uaw Trace: ICR Exception Error: Re-starting the process....
19:53:19:509 Dis-uaw Initializing Event Management System (EMS) library.

Can you check the below things.

1) Is Instance number proper

2) All IP's are reachable to each other

3) SQL is installed with default or named instance ? and what kind of authentication

4) And make sure user who is trying to start the service is having proper permissions, i remember previously due UAC issues , users were not able to this operation.

Hi ,

As per version 11.0.x , you need to installed SQL 2014 -64 bit standard or Enterprise .

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_CCE_Solution_Compatibility_Matrix_for_11.0(x)#Microsoft_Windows_and_Microsoft_SQL_Server_Localization_Support

bring down Side B Logger, AWD  Upgrade the Side B Logger, AWD  to the new platform of SQL Server and test .

Ram.S

Regards,
Ram.S

Hey Sasikumar,

Thanks for guidance. Problem resolved.

Hi Ramamoorthy,

Problem was because of lack of premissions.

regards,

Ritesh Desai.

regards, Ritesh Desai

Glad it worked. Thanks for updating the forum .

Regards,

Sasikumar.

Hi @Ritesh Desai 
Can you share which permissions were missing. I am facing same issue in 12.5 system and service account has all necessary permission but still getting same error.

Thanks,
Vamsi G