cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Estimated Wait Time

shawneec1
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to play the variable back to the caller with what the estimated wait time is? right now I have it setup to get the estimated wait time and then an if statement that says "if estimated wait time is <1200" true - play prompt "estimated wait time is over 20 mins" false another if statement that says "if estimated wait time is <600" true - play prompt "estimated wait time is over 10 mins" ect. What I am asking is if instead of having a prompt for each time (5 mins, 10 mins, 20 mins) can it just read out what the estimated wait time is from the variable? or do I have to have 3 different prompts one for each time? and if so how do I get the prompt to read that variable back to the caller.

I hope I am explaining this correctly. Any help would be appreciated.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes. First, use an If step to check if the value is <60. In the true branch just play a static file that just says "approximately one minute." In the false branch you'll first want to get the variable into minutes. This should be something like Math.ceil(yourVariable / 60). Then use the normal Play Prompt step and concatenate the prompts together. The expression should be something like this: P[promptA.wav] + N[ewtVariable] + P[promptB.wav]

You should hear "Your estimated wait time is approximately seven minutes."

Message was edited by: Jonathan Schulenberg Corrected P[ewtVariable] to say N[ewtVariable] in accordance with product documentation for prompt literals.

View solution in original post

If you put an integer type variable within the N[] expression CCX will use the pre-recorded system prompt for that number. For example N[myVariable] where myVariable = 7 would result in CCX saying "seven" in the system-recorded voice for that language.

The Scripting and Development Series: Volume 3, Expression Language Reference for Cisco Unified CCX and Cisco Unified IP IVR, Release 8.5(1) gets around to explaining this starting on page 3-93. I won't hold it against you for not knowing this one. There are a lot of 'tricks' that are so well burried many of us only know a few.

Please rate helpful replies.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes. First, use an If step to check if the value is <60. In the true branch just play a static file that just says "approximately one minute." In the false branch you'll first want to get the variable into minutes. This should be something like Math.ceil(yourVariable / 60). Then use the normal Play Prompt step and concatenate the prompts together. The expression should be something like this: P[promptA.wav] + N[ewtVariable] + P[promptB.wav]

You should hear "Your estimated wait time is approximately seven minutes."

Message was edited by: Jonathan Schulenberg Corrected P[ewtVariable] to say N[ewtVariable] in accordance with product documentation for prompt literals.

Hi Jonathan- Thanks so much for the reply. I think I might be missing a step how do i get the ewtVariable into a Prompt? Right now the estimated wait is just set as type 'int" or is that the way it should be and when i concatenate the two i just use that?

If you put an integer type variable within the N[] expression CCX will use the pre-recorded system prompt for that number. For example N[myVariable] where myVariable = 7 would result in CCX saying "seven" in the system-recorded voice for that language.

The Scripting and Development Series: Volume 3, Expression Language Reference for Cisco Unified CCX and Cisco Unified IP IVR, Release 8.5(1) gets around to explaining this starting on page 3-93. I won't hold it against you for not knowing this one. There are a lot of 'tricks' that are so well burried many of us only know a few.

Please rate helpful replies.

What tools/log are being used to debug the scripting/ values that are returned?  Thank you -

Thanks so much for your expertise Jonathan that worked!!! I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions and for not holding it against me

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: