Views
Helpful
Replies

Exception - No. of executed steps: 1000

ldemanet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

While debugging a CRA script, I get the following error message: Exception - No. of executed steps: 1000.

My script actually goes into a loop, looking for info into an XML file.

It seems that the error message is related to a maximum number of steps a CRA script can perform.

Is this value changeable?

Thanks!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

angel-ok
Level 1
Level 1

yes.

go to "Engine Configuration"

change value into "Maximum Number of Executed Steps*"

View solution in original post

Hello ,

If you are getting this error it means that the number steps the IVR can exceute for a script is exceeding the default value.

I had the same issue few days back.You need to go to IVR configuration page and go to system engine engine configuration and change the maximum number of excepted steps to 2000 and see if it fixes the problem

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

angel-ok
Level 1
Level 1

yes.

go to "Engine Configuration"

change value into "Maximum Number of Executed Steps*"

Hello ,

If you are getting this error it means that the number steps the IVR can exceute for a script is exceeding the default value.

I had the same issue few days back.You need to go to IVR configuration page and go to system engine engine configuration and change the maximum number of excepted steps to 2000 and see if it fixes the problem

Hi,

The CRA help page as well as the documentation on CCD states that the default value for the maximum number of excepted steps should not be changed. Any reasons why is it stated as such?

Thanks.

Hi,

If you have a script that requires that you execute more than 1000 steps to successfully interact with a caller:

1 - You should audit the script to make sure that it's efficient !

2 - If it is, then determine what the maximum is to interact in all cases, then increase the limit accordingly

The amount of time that it takes to execute 1000 steps in a tight loop on a 7845 with no traffic is about 8 seconds. During this time the Engine will use high CPU and could create performance related side effects. If you increase it, you need to consider the potential impact of an inadvertant tight loop. Obviously, if their scripts are clean, they more than likely will never see this, but it is possible.

Hi,

I am experiencing the same problem. In my case I have an script that calls for the holidaycheck.aef subflow at the beggining. It does it 3 times, eahc time it checks a different dates.xml file for different holiday calendars. When the 3rd time ends I get the "Number of steps executed 1000" exception.

Is this inneficient? How could I make it better?

Thanks in advance for your help

Best regards,

Amaia

There should be no need to call the holiday script more then once. Based on the date/time the holiday script returns a boolean value which you load into a local parameter. Then use the returned value in all the other cases where you need to check if it is a holiday or not.

HTH,

Leo

chrislew
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That is a changeable value, however, keep in mind that value is what keeps CRS from having a "runaway" script that gets into an endless loop and uses lots of memory. I have seen that value changed and work fine. Just be careful how large you make that number.

Dear all,

Thanks a lot for shiarng your knowledge. In my case we have different timetables depending on the date (not only on the day of the week, but also on the month). That is the reason why I executed the script more than once (once per each different timetable schema and I consulted a different xml file in eahc case).

In the end I decided to change everything. I created a data base with the dates and a field with the Type-of-timetable value and get it from the script code.

BR,

Amaia