cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Executing a MS SQL Stored Procedure - UCCX 8

tsuntken
Level 1
Level 1

Ive read the other threads about executing a Stored Procedures but still need some assistance....

After I set everything up I am getting 1 row returned when I click "TEST" in the READ step but the DB GET step is going into the SQL Error branch n execution.

Here are some details and I have attached screen shots of my script DB steps.....

I have a Stored Procedure that is very simple...

CREATE PROCEDURE sp_test AS
Select 'N';
GO

Ive created a dummy table with 1 field..

TABLE: testTable

FIELD: code

UCCX Script steps are in the attached screen shots...

Let me know if there are any more details I can provide...

Tom

2 Replies 2

Robert W. Rogier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Tom,

Can you send screen shots of the datasource definition on the server?  Also, can you confirm which version of SQL this is and the exact version of the jTDS driver you downloaded is?  When you setup the datasource, did you hit the test button and get a success?  Have you done a reactive debug on the script to see what message is returned from the SQL Server?  Have you done a SQL Profiler trace to see what is being sent to the server?  Finally, could you either upload the entire script or at least cut out the portion of the DB call that's failing?  The screen shot you uploaded is quite small and hard to read.

Regards,

Robert W. Rogier

Robert W. Rogier
Technical Consulting Engineer – Contact Center Enterprise
E2E Lead | Subject Matter Expert – ECE, CCMP, CCDM
Phone: +1 919 574 5993
Email: rorogier@cisco.com
Business Hours: 8AM to 5PM ET

I actually go it working...

For future reference all I needed to have in my DB READ step to run the Stored Procerude is...

dbo.CSP02_CheckHoliday @DNIS=$rp_CalledRp , @OptionCode=$var_OptionCode ;

I didnt need to create the return status or anything.

I tried so many things I dont think I can pinpoint exactly what fixed it but I think one of the keys was making sure I had spaces between everything... before the comma, after the comma, before the semi colon, etc....

I then had a dummy table with the values returned and I was able to read them with DB GET

Thanks for responding...

Tom