cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Exporting applications from CVP Call Studio

Keith Pretti
Level 1
Level 1

What is the proper procedure to export a CVP Call Studio application to another server for back up and import purposes later? The end game is to make a non deployed application backup to another location.

Thanks - Keith

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

The way I usually do it is right click the project in the Navigator pane, select Export... expand the General folder and select Archive File... Make sure all the files in the right window pane are selected for the selected project in the left window pane... select a directory you wish to save it to and choose your options

I've attached some screenshots 

If you have external JAR files, be mindful of those when you have to re-import at a later date. 

View solution in original post

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

I just copy the whole workspace directory. I always use a different workspace - in fact it's C:\workspace. I've done this ever since CVP 3.0.

I never allow Studio to use the one inside the Cisco\CVP folder. All of my projects are in C:\workspace so I can copy the whole thing for archive, backup etc. It's a little extra work telling Studio to switch workspaces (although it usually remembers) but the pay off is I don't have anything inside the Cisco tree. I can remove and reinstall Studio and never lose anything.

On the target machine, just import projects into workspace.

Regards,
Geoff

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

The way I usually do it is right click the project in the Navigator pane, select Export... expand the General folder and select Archive File... Make sure all the files in the right window pane are selected for the selected project in the left window pane... select a directory you wish to save it to and choose your options

I've attached some screenshots 

If you have external JAR files, be mindful of those when you have to re-import at a later date. 

Thanks Omar - that worked fine. I was writing an internal doc on how we want to ensure we have a stored copy of the app.

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

I just copy the whole workspace directory. I always use a different workspace - in fact it's C:\workspace. I've done this ever since CVP 3.0.

I never allow Studio to use the one inside the Cisco\CVP folder. All of my projects are in C:\workspace so I can copy the whole thing for archive, backup etc. It's a little extra work telling Studio to switch workspaces (although it usually remembers) but the pay off is I don't have anything inside the Cisco tree. I can remove and reinstall Studio and never lose anything.

On the target machine, just import projects into workspace.

Regards,
Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: