cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Expose administrator gadgets to supervisors

armandoramirez
Level 1
Level 1

In our organization we are trying to make available some administrator gadgets to the client (most team management gadgets).We don't want to share with them an administrator account since there are some other admin options we don't want to be exposed to them.

Is there a way (other than creating my own gadgets from zero and using the API directly) to expose these existing gadgets to a supervisor account?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The gadgets on the Administrator console cannot be exposed to the supervisor account because they are not open sourced. The APIs required to do these actions can only be done with administrator credentials, so if you create your own gadget, you will need to hardcode the administrator credentials (which I'm not sure thats a good idea) for authentication.

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The gadgets on the Administrator console cannot be exposed to the supervisor account because they are not open sourced. The APIs required to do these actions can only be done with administrator credentials, so if you create your own gadget, you will need to hardcode the administrator credentials (which I'm not sure thats a good idea) for authentication.

Thanx,

Denise

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: